I plan on building my first pc in a little while, gonna leave it air cooled for a bit, but I figure once I add a second graphics at some point I would make a custom water cooling loop. In my research for future water cooling I saw that you can get 5.25" reservoir's and reservoir/pump combos that fit in the 5.25" bay. Besides the space saving feature I've noticed, are there any other pros and cons to 5.25" bay reservoir, or am I just better of going with the time proven reservoir feeding into separate pump setup?

like helping said, dont use them unless you REALLY need to, 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I plan on building my first pc in a little while, gonna leave it air cooled for a bit, but I figure once I add a second graphics at some point I would make a custom water cooling loop. In my research for future water cooling I saw that you can get 5.25" reservoir's and reservoir/pump combos that fit in the 5.25" bay. Besides the space saving feature I've noticed, are there any other pros and cons to 5.25" bay reservoir, or am I just better of going with the time proven reservoir feeding into separate pump setup?

welcome to the LinusTechTips forums!

for your first loop a CPU loop would be beneficial. then slowly adding upgrades/updates will complete it.

jumping into it whole-hog without proper knowledge and 'sperience is asking for tonnes of issues that

can cost more than really needed.

list rig build, location, and budget and the community can help you from there.

for simples, the bayres is easiest, but you'll come to find out that they tend to be noisy, out-dated and

can ruin your "look". but it is all to your needs and expectations.

They leak and its hard to dampen vibrations if the pump is integrated. I'd avoid them.

welcome to the LinusTechTips forums!

for your first loop a CPU loop would be beneficial. then slowly adding upgrades/updates will complete it.

jumping into it whole-hog without proper knowledge and 'sperience is asking for tonnes of issues that

can cost more than really needed.

list rig build, location, and budget and the community can help you from there.

for simples, the bayres is easiest, but you'll come to find out that they tend to be noisy, out-dated and

can ruin your "look". but it is all to your needs and expectations.

As of now I'm gonna use a H100i, but since I plan on going full custom loop at some point should I bypass that and put in a custom cpu loop?

As of now I'm gonna use a H100i, but since I plan on going full custom loop at some point should I bypass that and put in a custom cpu loop?

use of an AIO is a great start. but you'll eventually move to a CPU loop,

then to more advanced loop options. but it usually depends on your

budget, time, and availability.

jumping from zero to monster jiga-hertz on a unknown solution can really

cost 3x or more in cost with no real advantages other than e-peen.

keeping an easy cooling solution as a back up is not a bad idea, anyway.

use of an AIO is a great start. but you'll eventually move to a CPU loop,

then to more advanced loop options. but it usually depends on your

budget, time, and availability.

jumping from zero to monster jiga-hertz on a unknown solution can really

cost 3x or more in cost with no real advantages other than e-peen.

keeping an easy cooling solution as a back up is not a bad idea, anyway.

100% right this guy knows what hes saying. and on weather to get a 5.25 bay res i would say no so many people have probs with then but if you do get one make shure is a good with a known bran like EK or NZXT

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

The 5.25" bay reservoir was just a random thought to use some 5.25" bays that otherwise wouldn't be used, space shouldn't be an issue since I plan on "cramming" this into a Corsair 750D 

The 5.25" bay reservoir was just a random thought to use some 5.25" bays that otherwise wouldn't be used, space shouldn't be an issue since I plan on "cramming" this into a Corsair 750D 

you'd be surprised on how cluttered they can get with all the hardware installed.

If you are air cooling currently and are going to make a custom loop in the future don't waste money on a h100i, get a mediocre air cooler like the coolermaster 212 EVO and save the money for the custom loop. It just seems pointless to buy something for the sake of replacing it.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Well as of now my plan for upgrades are after I build the PC first major upgrade is going 2-way sli and leaving it at that. Than I go water cooled, so I might even be thinking way further own the line than I should be worried about.