Question: Hyper 212 EVO V1 and 1700 socket

lootfree
Go to solution Solved by lootfree,

I'm so surprised how good is fitting actually. I made a video about it. I could explain here everything but is better to see the pictures and video.

ps. I dont recommend that motherboard, have a shity lan driver support!

Hi bois and girls,

I have a question, I have Hyper 212 EVO V1 and looking to buy i5 12600k but my CPU cooler doesn't support 1700.

I found there have bracket only for V2 but not for V1.

DId someone try to match with some of other Brand as like Arctic, DeepCool, Zalman or Noctua - Mounting KIT

Can someone if work in shop for PC parts can test it, TY

I dont want to buy another cooler just because, it is work so good and I like it.

Happy Holidays I hope you have a lot snow, because here is so grey.

No, you need a new cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I bought my new pc parts, and by what I see of cooler master thing in behind of Motherboard, if I can cut it little bit the cooler holder could work as charm.

On Pictures 3th and 4th you can see where exactly it is the problem to fit.

I kinda dont want to cut it, but I know what to search now, I will see if can find something from other brands kits for fit. and may work. I'm not sure if will fit the pin in actual cooler holder, because if you know how EVO 212 keeping the cooler it is by one single pin.

The motherboard is MSI PRO B660M-B DDR4

ps. Right now I'm with Intel stock cooler, and I'm little bit disappointed, just watching a stream plus few background program it is keeping 51c and reaching 81c in game.

IMG_20230105_123351.jpg

IMG_20230105_123331.jpg

IMG_20230105_123847.jpg

IMG_20230105_123758.jpg

12 hours ago, lootfree said:

Intel stock cooler, and I'm little bit disappointed, just watching a stream plus few background program it is keeping 51c and reaching 81c in game.

Those temps are fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 1 month later...

I may found the perfect solution, in next few days will share it, I kinda feel hyped 😄

Solution cost only 2bucks (without devilry cost).

I'm so surprised how good is fitting actually. I made a video about it. I could explain here everything but is better to see the pictures and video.

ps. I dont recommend that motherboard, have a shity lan driver support!