PC build and asking if it's good.

Get Sofied
Go to solution Solved by agent2,

Hey there, it looks like a good starting point, but I have to agree with the others, you are definitely better off going with a stronger GPU as that fits in your budget, so I slightly revised your initial list and compiled the following one: https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-2898806 

If you would like to save another 50 Euros go with the R5 5500, as it's a steal under 100Euros at the moment. The RAM is also better due to the heatspreaders and it being 32GBs instead of 16, which I always recommend for new builds as 16GB are becoming kind of slim. So with that extra margin in mind you could upgrade the GPU another bit if there's a better model in reach or get a better cooler, even though a 65W CPU really doesn't need more. 

The motherboard I put in there because it does have Wifi 6E at that price which is good and the VRM is totally sufficient for even a 5950X at stock. 

I hope you have fun planning and building your PC. 

Cheers!

Budget (including currency): 1k Euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Gmod, Scp Secret Laboratory, Portal 2, Half life, Valorant.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I choose all of those parts by hand and i'm asking if they are good for a build. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6x 3.70GHz So.AM4 8GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200 DIMM x2 8GB PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Hellhound MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus AMD B550 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 

750 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold together it's around 820 euro's or something, if you recommend a cheaper and functionally better build please reply. as well a monitor isn't a problem i have a 244hrz monitor.

It's good, but the GPU is rather low tier, if you can spend 120EUR more get a 6700XT, especially if you have a fast monitor

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

It sounds good and well balanced for that price point! I would consider 16GB of RAM (a kit with 2 sticks) it's the sweet spot at the moment and it's not so much more expensive.

I think the games you listed would run fine on 8GB but it would just give you that little bit of headroom

What about the case, cooling, storage...?

10 minutes ago, Lairlair said:

It sounds good and well balanced for that price point! I would consider 16GB of RAM (a kit with 2 sticks) it's the sweet spot at the moment and it's not so much more expensive.

I think the games you listed would run fine on 8GB but it would just give you that little bit of headroom

What about the case, cooling, storage...?

Oh I wrote on the ram sticks x2 I'll be buying 16gigs don't worry. I have a case already and storage isn't a problem. I have a 1tb HDD for games and SSD for system.

Hey there, it looks like a good starting point, but I have to agree with the others, you are definitely better off going with a stronger GPU as that fits in your budget, so I slightly revised your initial list and compiled the following one: https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-2898806 

If you would like to save another 50 Euros go with the R5 5500, as it's a steal under 100Euros at the moment. The RAM is also better due to the heatspreaders and it being 32GBs instead of 16, which I always recommend for new builds as 16GB are becoming kind of slim. So with that extra margin in mind you could upgrade the GPU another bit if there's a better model in reach or get a better cooler, even though a 65W CPU really doesn't need more. 

The motherboard I put in there because it does have Wifi 6E at that price which is good and the VRM is totally sufficient for even a 5950X at stock. 

I hope you have fun planning and building your PC. 

Cheers!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed