suttering, freezing...

meddis

Bought my pc used like 5 months ago, didnt test it (do regret it) and from day one problems, 

So from day one of having i had issues such as pc freezing randomly for a second atlesat once a day, usually very few times a day, but over time it stopped happening then came back but again kinda gone?

Newer problem is stuttering, games used to run smoothly other than when whole pc would freeze for a second with buzzing sound but then that wouldn't usually happen for next few hours or even till next day, but as of maybe month ago or less even with lowered graphics and even good fps at max settings, when i would look somewhere where gpu needed to load more shit fps would drop by around 20 which would be usually 70+ fps at lowest 

Some other problems were when i opened wot blitz and i think cod mw2 wz, only when wot was opened everything in wot would be discolored, everything in the game looked like gpu was dying but only in wot.

When i first installed cod mw2 wz game run well other than it would take minute or two for map to load properly but now more often than not game is stuttery laggy or freezes for a sec (only game tihs time) especially when engaging enemys

when playing rust same thing, before game run well but now constant fps drops and just bad gameplay even with 1080, lowering graphics like in other games doesnt help a bit.

Started with random kinda rarely whole pc freezes to constant laggy, stuttery and sometimes freezing gameplay, Lowering graphics doesn't help a bit. 

Sorry if post is kinda confusing in anyway or anything, its 3am and im tired.

8 hours ago, Cyberat said:

PC specs., temps at idle, temps at peak.

GTX 1080 gainward Phoenix gs

I5 11400f with LC CC 120 cooler

Gigabyte z490m

LC power 2x8 3200mhz

Ssd LC power phenom 1tb m.2

HDD WD 1tb idk rpm

Silverstone 550w 80+ bronze

Temps: GPU at idle: 44°C

CPU at idle 39°C

Peak: GPU 78

CPU 59

Again an under powered system, you want at least a 750W PSU for a modern system. You had it for 5mon. but how long have they had it ?

Temps are ok-ish. Which means it's a setup problem, was the system OC-ed/UC-ed ?

Did you optimize BIOS to remove all the Economy Green stuff ?

Is your audio coming through HDMI or from MB ? Are both running at the same time without need ?

Did you optimize drivers for the specific games or a good general optimization for all ?

1 minute ago, Cyberat said:

Again an under powered system, you want at least a 750W PSU for a modern system.

550W is fine, he'll top out at 300-350W usage with that hardware. I ran a 3700X and a 2080 with a good 550W for a while. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 12/18/2022 at 6:13 AM, meddis said:

GTX 1080 gainward Phoenix gs

I5 11400f with LC CC 120 cooler

Gigabyte z490m

LC power 2x8 3200mhz

Ssd LC power phenom 1tb m.2

HDD WD 1tb idk rpm

Silverstone 550w 80+ bronze

Temps: GPU at idle: 44°C

CPU at idle 39°C

Peak: GPU 78

CPU 59

If you end up coming back around, run HWInfo64 in the background while you’re playing games. Tell it to record a log. It’ll spit out an excel file that will give us more clues. I’ll go through it when I’ve got a chance. Just upload it here and note one of the stutters. (If it happens at 1:05 am system time let me know that’ll make it easier to find in the log)

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 12/20/2022 at 3:41 AM, Cyberat said:

Again an under powered system, you want at least a 750W PSU for a modern system. You had it for 5mon. but how long have they had it ?

Temps are ok-ish. Which means it's a setup problem, was the system OC-ed/UC-ed ?

Did you optimize BIOS to remove all the Economy Green stuff ?

Is your audio coming through HDMI or from MB ? Are both running at the same time without need ?

Did you optimize drivers for the specific games or a good general optimization for all ?

I have no idea for how long did the previous owner have everything for, most of components are still under warranty (almost everything except gpu and cooler, warranty is till 2024 excpet ssd which is till 26)

As for BIOS i only turned xmp on

For audio i have my headphones plugged to the back of mobo, used to run it on front i/o but that didn't really effect anything perfomance related

Didn't do anything with drivers from day one excpet updating them, mostly just gpu and mobo one (mobo was updated like 2-3 months ago)

NOTE: When i bought this pc previous owner reinstalled windows 11 and deleted everything from hdd and ssd, when i first plugged pc in, i think i went to download nvidia drivers and games and shit, thats it. From them to now just gameplay problems, they only got worse. Few minutes ago i played rust, i didnt have issues when playing rust when i first installed it on this pc but now today i was at launch site, in there avg fps was around 20 30, everything was so laggy and stuttery, fps drops every second and thought game or even my pc was gonna crash, went to bandit camp, alt tabbed to open after burner to check temps, % usage and other stuff and game froze and crashed so i reopened and joined same server, before crash game didnt run very well in bandit but after crash it ran little bit better.

Before than i played War Thunder which is less demanding game and had zero issues, so this mostly then happens in more demanding games

You need to run temp. monitors, you've done 0 optimizations as far as I refer to for gaming.

On 12/20/2022 at 4:05 AM, IkeaGnome said:

If you end up coming back around, run HWInfo64 in the background while you’re playing games. Tell it to record a log. It’ll spit out an excel file that will give us more clues. I’ll go through it when I’ve got a chance. Just upload it here and note one of the stutters. (If it happens at 1:05 am system time let me know that’ll make it easier to find in the log)

Im gonna do this tmrw, am i supposed to run this in screen where it says summary - save report - sensors..., Then after few mins or hour of suffering in games click save report then sending report here?

4 minutes ago, Cyberat said:

You need to run temp. monitors, you've done 0 optimizations as far as I refer to for gaming.

I mean sure but i already get decent fps in every game just games keep running worse and worse, when i first got this pc for first month or two game and everything would freeze for a second then everything would go back to normal, and that would happen once or twice usually a day or just few times a week

No, just run the GPU overlay, read the temps and type here, I'll believe you.

Far as optimizations it's : Bios C-States/Eco/Green Off, OS, GPU Drivers & Game itself.

On 12/20/2022 at 4:05 AM, IkeaGnome said:

LTT.LOG

9 minutes ago, meddis said:

It looks like the forums' download server is down right now. I'll check back on it in the morning. It's at least not working for me.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, meddis said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgvxcg46j10nwv0/LTT.LOG?dl=0 - Since you still can't download it from here, heres dropbox link

Looks like you grabbed the system info log. I'm looking for the Excel file that this button will create.

Spoiler

image.png.b33b544127af23f737b79301b3156fae.png

Start Hwinfo64, click on show sensors, then click that button. Play a game and look at what time it is when it stutters. Save that file and send it on Dropbox. You should see something like this when you open the log file.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7c1a7e2e55f8721606503db73dc74fa2.png

It's going to save data points every second or so that it's running. Letting me know what time it is when it stutters will help narrow it down to about 60 or so points I'm looking at 😉

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

honestly...since you haven't used it much? 

wipe the drives and install windows 10, make sure all updates are installed, 

then install the newest chipset drivers

it could be literally that easy of a solution 

if i hear "seller did...something" and its not working properly im just rolling my eyes lol.

p much guaranteed they were running windows 10 before,  right?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 12/28/2022 at 1:02 AM, Mark Kaine said:

if i hear "seller did...something" and its not working properly im just rolling my eyes lol.

I have no idea what win he used before but, cant remember if i started playing games after or before installing any drivers but i bought this pc with fresh install of win11 and on same day i had problems

On 12/28/2022 at 12:53 AM, IkeaGnome said:

Looks like you grabbed the system info log. I'm looking for the Excel file that this button will create.

Hide contents

image.png.b33b544127af23f737b79301b3156fae.png

Start Hwinfo64, click on show sensors, then click that button. Play a game and look at what time it is when it stutters. Save that file and send it on Dropbox. You should see something like this when you open the log file.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.7c1a7e2e55f8721606503db73dc74fa2.png

It's going to save data points every second or so that it's running. Letting me know what time it is when it stutters will help narrow it down to about 60 or so points I'm looking at 😉

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d80dhp3yfyc6ckk/LTT1.CSV?dl=0

18:20-21-25-26-27 

19:16-54 when it was most problematic but this time i had very few issues, but i was in mostly open area on the map so it was easier to play there but still

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 1:02 AM, Mark Kaine said:

Do you from where is best to crack win10 since im not paying for actual copy

On 12/31/2022 at 10:27 AM, meddis said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d80dhp3yfyc6ckk/LTT1.CSV?dl=0

18:20-21-25-26-27 

19:16-54 when it was most problematic but this time i had very few issues, but i was in mostly open area on the map so it was easier to play there but still

I'd like to start this off with an apology. I went home from work, and with the end of the holidays and late holidays for those of us that were working, I got really wrapped up in what I was doing. I completely forgot about this thread.

Sorry

I do see that your power supply is getting down to 11.529V on the 12V rail, which is pushing the ATX spec of +/- 5%(11.4v-12.6V)

Your GPU is also screaming about power delivery.

Spoiler

image.png.50e5747b56759946fdfa70a2f201efe4.png

image.png.643ee43cc15b975bb42cc3d9ac6c3650.png

And it does so until you close the game and let it go back to idle.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 1/8/2023 at 1:49 PM, meddis said:

Do you from where is best to crack win10 since im not paying for actual copy

Forum rules prohibit helping with piracy.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 1/16/2023 at 12:56 AM, IkeaGnome said:

I'd like to start this off with an apology. I went home from work, and with the end of the holidays and late holidays for those of us that were working, I got really wrapped up in what I was doing. I completely forgot about this thread.

Sorry

I do see that your power supply is getting down to 11.529V on the 12V rail, which is pushing the ATX spec of +/- 5%(11.4v-12.6V)

Your GPU is also screaming about power delivery.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.50e5747b56759946fdfa70a2f201efe4.png

image.png.643ee43cc15b975bb42cc3d9ac6c3650.png

And it does so until you close the game and let it go back to idle.

i updated win11 to 22h2, freezing and such issues seem to dissapear or maybe somehow didnt experience them while playing rust but still feels like performance is still bit lacking, myb gpu oc will help a bit