any white Z87 motherboards? Star Wars themed pc

Go to solution Solved by wtfxmitchell,

why not sabertooth and then paint the armor white?

its for a star wars themed pc for A client.

so far i cant find one and i need it so im thinking of just buying a maximus vi formula and painting the armor white.

no budget can be expensive as need be and im located in australia.

heres the wishlist for contrast:http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=298843&action=wish_lists (not fully completed e.g. cooler, etc but gtg to work)

and please note those 2 mobos are just to make up the cost of a M6F from another shop as PCCG stopped selling for some reason lol.

(gtg to work now but will check replies later thanks for any input. so dont expect any replies for a couple hrs sorry)

cheers guys :)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

These is your only bet... Cuz the only other option on this planet, is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813154010

13-154-010-04.jpg

Good luck finding one... That is.. if you get drunk & high and for some reason decide to want one..

A motherboard printed on White PCB has never been executed well. It's super hard. And ugly.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

It's either the ASUS Z87 Gryphon (armor sold separately making it easier to paint on, it's Micro ATX though) or the Z87 Sabertooth like the first guy said.

Painting the armor is probably the best solution.

Thx bro dont know y I didnt think of that lol. Im going with that. Cheers

Love the idea of a star wars themed pc. I would also say to buy a sabertooth and paint the armor white

Yea its gunna be epic and true thats what im going with

These is your only bet... Cuz the only other option on this planet, is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813154010

13-154-010-04.jpg

Good luck finding one... That is.. if you get drunk & high and for some reason decide to want one..

A motherboard printed on White PCB has never been executed well. It's super hard. And ugly.

Haha lol that is sooo ugly. Im sure asus could master it with there ingenious R&D teams.

It's either the ASUS Z87 Gryphon (armor sold separately making it easier to paint on, it's Micro ATX though) or the Z87 Sabertooth like the first guy said.

Painting the armor is probably the best solution.

Yea it is the best solution for now.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Lol, it's funny u said that. When I posted that link to the fugly motherboard, I was thinking to myself "only Asus could execute this properly". :P

A better pic of the board.

rcOTbVR.jpg?1

Thanks Deano.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

13-154-010-04.jpg

That is actually kinda cool

Brian May is a rocker. He just does it with style.

That is actually kinda cool

Well, the idea is there, yes. The PCB itself was done well.. Just not the rest of the Skittles puke all over the board.

Well, the idea is there, yes. The PCB itself was done well.. Just not the rest of the Skittles puke all over the board.

Skittles arent even comparable to the aesthetic idea 

Skittles arent even comparable to the aesthetic idea 

I was referring to the random red & blue they slapped on there, with the blacks where they could have been whites.

damn thats a nice looking painted armour  if only my dad let me experiment on his gryphon armour lol

here is a sabertooth in white for ideas:

OnmujQy.jpg

compliments to @B NEGATIVE

A better pic of the board.

rcOTbVR.jpg?1

Thanks Deano.

Ok so how do I paint it? I was think just tape off those metal bits, primer and then white spray paint in layers?

Ok so how do I paint it? I was think just tape off those metal bits, primer and then white spray paint in layers?

Use Masking (painters) Tape to cover & single out parts of it, and use PlastiDip to paint with.

PlastiDip will blow your mind. It will do the TUF shield wonders.

Use Masking (painters) Tape to cover & single out parts of it, and use PlastiDip to paint with.

Ill look into that. Cheers :)

Nope.

Just unscrew the cover,primer then paint,dont mask it in place.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Nope.

Just unscrew the cover,primer then paint,dont mask it in place.

Well yes, of course take off the cover.

I was saying use tape to cover parts you don't want to paint. Only 2 materials you need was my point.

However, will PlastiDip you don't need primer.

I was saying use tape to cover parts you don't want to paint. Only 2 materials you need was my point.

also my friend said itd look better black (stock). whatdya reckon?

also my friend said itd look better black (stock). whatdya reckon?

Well that's a preference. I thought you wanted an all-white build?

Well that's a preference. I thought you wanted an all-white build?

not all white, the client just wants a star wars build so i though if i make mainly black and white and name it "trooper" (not finalised) it should be all goods.

Plastidip looks like crap compared to proper paint.

I was referring to the random red & blue they slapped on there, with the blacks where they could have been whites.

so was I, I mean that skittles are not worthy of being on this cool a PCB

PlastiDip doesn't look any worse than paint. But of course there are going to be paints that are going to look "better", which is a total opinion. You can't make your opinion sound like a fact sir.

@hoplopkop - Fine, then Jolly Ranchers. Does that make you feel better? I truly hope it does. :P