Tyreal - From a 540 To a water cooled 760T

xToFxREAPER

Hey guys, finally finishing a long overdue build that i started almost 5 months ago. im a student that work a minimum wage part time job so i just add parts as i can afford them between rent phone bill and anything i need for school so to start off, here is the main system

I7 4770k @ 4.8ghz with 1.3vcore. doesnt get over 90 degrees on aida64 extreme. never over 55 degrees in games

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H

16gb patriot black mamba 1600mhz

2x msi lightning edition gtx 780's

swiftech h320 cpu cooler

soundblaster zx + Edifier s550 5.1 surround setup

samsung evo 120gb ssd for boot

Seagate Barracuda 2tb storage drive

Nzxt hue rgb lightning system

Corsair air 540

So thats the base system.. now for what i have yet to add to it.

Starting with the swiftech h320 im going to expand upon it.

going to add an ek coolstream xtx 240mm extra thick rad

single bay bitspower reservoir - already confirmed to work in the air 540 sideways mounting bays

2 ek fc 780 lightning edition waterblocks

Mayhems pastel yellow coolant

ek csq black nickel fittings

primo chill crystal clear tubing 3/8 id - 5/8 od

some primo chill hose clamps for the bars that cant be replaced on the h320

So the water cooling is supposed to be in withing a week from today probably less i tend to have pretty good luck with crazy fast shipping, ill update the log once the water cooling is complete. i will do a log all the way through while im building the loop and then update. in the mean time.. heres a tease of the system as it is however temporary it may be :P

post-6391-0-57367800-1399095999_thumb.jp

Update 1 and desk tour located here

post-6391-0-57367800-1399095999_thumb.jp

VELVEETA!

:/ I wouldnt run a cpu+ dual gpu loop off a h320

I'd put a piece of tape on that red led.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

VELVEETA!

:/ I wouldnt run a cpu+ dual gpu loop off a h320

im adding a radiator for a reason.

I'd put a piece of tape on that red led.

im going to paint over it with black nail polish then paint the shroud black

im adding a radiator for a reason.

I was more concerned about the pump than the rad space, I read the OP unlike half the users of LTT and noticed you're adding a 240 rad.

I was more concerned about the pump than the rad space, I read the OP unlike half the users of LTT and noticed you're adding a 240 rad.

it's swifteck for a reason, it has a good pump

I'd plasti dip it just in case you need to RMA it ever.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

it's swifteck for a reason, it has a good pump

its a swiftech AIO not a swiftech standalone pump :P, whatevs, just saying it might be a little loud to achieve that loop and decent temps.

Temps + Vcore = should be dead within 6 months.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I think he means 90F... I can only hope....

thats a really short estimate, more like 14months. It is a quite high vcore

Maybe turn down that OC...

i upgrade often enough i dont care if and when it dies lol although i will be turning it down once the gpu's are added. in game temps i rarely see the cpu go over 55 degrees so im not concerned. when i said doesnt go over 90 degrees i meant aida64 extreme

based on what ive been reading the mcp35x in the swiftech cpu pump combo should be strong enough considering both the rad and the gpu blocks im adding are low restriction

i upgrade often enough i dont care if and when it dies lol although i will be turning it down once the gpu's are added. in game temps i rarely see the cpu go over 55 degrees so im not concerned. when i said doesnt go over 90 degrees i meant aida64 extreme

based on what ive been reading the mcp35x in the swiftech cpu pump combo should be strong enough considering both the rad and the gpu blocks im adding are low restriction

Ooh, still I would recommend getting Intel's tuning insurance thing.

Ooh, still I would recommend getting Intel's tuning insurance thing.

yeah i did. either way im not to concerned temps are well within a reasonable range imo

Yeah, the mcp35x will probably be a bit loud, just a warning :P mcp655 would be a nice choice, but do wat you want :P

Yeah, the mcp35x will probably be a bit loud, just a warning :P mcp655 would be a nice choice, but do wat you want :P

noise doesnt bother me. i play with a headset a lot anyway and if i use my surround sound its more then loud enough to drown out the pump

I think he means with FPU testing enabled on AIDA, which uses AVX extensions.

And as we know enabling AVX raises the temps on haswell by a good 10-20C over what it would ever be in a real life scenario.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I think he means with FPU testing enabled on AIDA, which uses AVX extensions.

And as we know enabling AVX raises the temps on haswell by a good 10-20C over what it would ever be in a real life scenario.

yeah i always use aida, i hear prime95 is bad for haswell. but yes in real world gaming it stays around 40-60 depending on the game. Most times its about 45ish

yeah i always use aida, i hear prime95 is bad for haswell. but yes in real world gaming it stays around 40-60 depending on the game. Most times its about 45ish

it's bad for haswell in the same way that AIDA with FPU enabled is bad for Haswell.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

it's bad for haswell in the same way that AIDA with FPU enabled is bad for Haswell.

fair enough. i just remembered reading somewhere that prime hasnt been update to properly support the haswell architecture and can harm your cpu either way i know im not hitting dangerous temps and i got the voltage down a bit since i posted with some extensive bios tweaking

Update time!! :)

Ok so i ordered everything that was available from dazmode.com sadly thats the only Canadian retailer i could find for water cooling and being a student on a minimum wage job i cant afford to just order out of the us :P alas the package arrived today. So what did i get and build??

Package contents:

1 Ek FC-780 lightning waterblock - sadly he only had one in stock and still has yet to get more. he was kind enough to email me and add the blocks into his ek order so it should only be a week or two before i have the second block

1 bitspower acrylic bay reservoir

11 ek csq black nickel fittings

10 ft of primochill crystal clear tubing 3/8id 5/8od

1 ek coolstream xtx 240mm

1 bottle of mayhems pastel sunset yellow concentrate

Now knowing i didnt have the second block i decided i would just build the loop.. why? because although its going to be a total pain to drain the loop to add the next gpu i wanted to get an idea of what kind of temps i would get and how far i would have to push the h320 pump. I am happy to report though that it was extremely easy to cycle and fill the loop. leak testing and bleeding went really smooth and although a single card being water cooled and the other being air cooled looks a little off i thought it worth sharing.

post-6391-0-78257600-1399522785_thumb.jp

So im sure your all wondering what the results are off the h320 expansion. well im running the pump off a mobo header and its running around 2000rpm which is barely audible and just above half of its max. I dropped the cpu from 4.8ghz to 4.6ghz for a little more headroom on the gpu's for oc'ing. Currently the top card maxes out at about 40-45 degrees after an hour of heaven which is outstanding considering it used to hit about 80-90 on air. the card that is still air cooled sees a max of about 65-70 still remaining silent. my cpu after an hour of aida 64 sees a max of about 75-80 and average temp in battlefield 4 after an hour was typically about 45-50. Overall im quite happy with how its turning out so far, i will be making a few tweaks in a few weeks once i get the 2nd gpu block but in the meantime i can game without my system sounding like its about to take off to the moon.

Looks great! I love the yellow. I've used mayhems pastel liquid in the past and it looked great.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Looks great! I love the yellow. I've used mayhems pastel liquid in the past and it looked great.

Thanks! i really like it, i was shocked to find out this loop took an entire liter to fill so ill be ordering more, turned out to be a good thing that daz only had one gpu block i guess. let me test things out with expanding the h320 and i have to say it turned out fantastic. That PrimoChill tubing though... omg i love it.