Jump to content

Any suggestions on a graphics card? (Sub $100) It can be used.

Go to solution Solved by adm0n,

I don't know how the used marked is over where you are, but here the best used card I could find in recent times are RX 480/580 for ~100€.

Budget $400: 

Country: United States

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: MInecraft

Other details Parts list thus far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/s37xmr, (See my signature for what I'm upgrading from), Going to play at 1080p unlimited FPS

Existing parts: Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 NVME drive (PCIe 3.0)

wlan wifi card (How can I use this with the new motherboard?)

128GB Samsung 2.5 inch SSD

 

Motherboard: (Default) CPU Socket: LGA-1151  ||  CPU: i5-6500T  iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 530  ||  OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint Xfce  || Cooling: original cooling   ||  RAM: 2x 4GB SODIMM DDR4  ||  SSD 1 (OS): Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 PCIe 3.0  ||   SSD 2: Samsung 128GB 2.5 Inch something  (Used 100% for compressed memory for no reason don't judge me) ||  Power supply: The external one that came with it   ||  WiFi: Some Intel laptop WiFi card that makes my PC look like a router because of the antennae.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Take my memes said:

Budget $400: 

Country: United States

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: MInecraft

Other details Parts list thus far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/s37xmr, (See my signature for what I'm upgrading from), Going to play at 1080p unlimited FPS

Existing parts: Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 NVME drive (PCIe 3.0)

wlan wifi card (How can I use this with the new motherboard?)

128GB Samsung 2.5 inch SSD

 

I would not recommend cheap PSUs

 

Slightly adjusted, realistically you won't notice a difference between 5600 and 5600G with a Polaris card, and gives some time to deal hunt while being able to make sure your system works. I'd also look into the used market for a case, they tend to go for not much money and you may be able to get a cool case.

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxDLxs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tomberry said:

i mean new a 6500xt is about that here in the uk

Lucky

Screenshot 2022-12-07 5.32.37 PM.png

Motherboard: (Default) CPU Socket: LGA-1151  ||  CPU: i5-6500T  iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 530  ||  OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint Xfce  || Cooling: original cooling   ||  RAM: 2x 4GB SODIMM DDR4  ||  SSD 1 (OS): Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 PCIe 3.0  ||   SSD 2: Samsung 128GB 2.5 Inch something  (Used 100% for compressed memory for no reason don't judge me) ||  Power supply: The external one that came with it   ||  WiFi: Some Intel laptop WiFi card that makes my PC look like a router because of the antennae.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

I would not recommend cheap PSUs

 

Slightly adjusted, realistically you won't notice a difference between 5600 and 5600G with a Polaris card, and gives some time to deal hunt while being able to make sure your system works. I'd also look into the used market for a case, they tend to go for not much money and you may be able to get a cool case.

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxDLxs

This power supply was recommended in PCpartpicker's entry level gaming build.

Motherboard: (Default) CPU Socket: LGA-1151  ||  CPU: i5-6500T  iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 530  ||  OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint Xfce  || Cooling: original cooling   ||  RAM: 2x 4GB SODIMM DDR4  ||  SSD 1 (OS): Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 PCIe 3.0  ||   SSD 2: Samsung 128GB 2.5 Inch something  (Used 100% for compressed memory for no reason don't judge me) ||  Power supply: The external one that came with it   ||  WiFi: Some Intel laptop WiFi card that makes my PC look like a router because of the antennae.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Take my memes said:

This power supply was recommended in PCpartpicker's entry level gaming build.

It's still a low end PSU. 

The NeoECO is in B-tier(mid range), the Capstone is in C-tier(low end)

If you would like to not replace the PSU when you upgrade in the future, I'd recommend the NeoECO for a little bit more money now, vs $60+ later.

 

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tomberry said:

used rx 580?

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with that.

Motherboard: (Default) CPU Socket: LGA-1151  ||  CPU: i5-6500T  iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 530  ||  OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint Xfce  || Cooling: original cooling   ||  RAM: 2x 4GB SODIMM DDR4  ||  SSD 1 (OS): Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 PCIe 3.0  ||   SSD 2: Samsung 128GB 2.5 Inch something  (Used 100% for compressed memory for no reason don't judge me) ||  Power supply: The external one that came with it   ||  WiFi: Some Intel laptop WiFi card that makes my PC look like a router because of the antennae.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Take my memes said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with that.

just be carfull cus they have gone through 2 seasons of mining

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

just be carfull cus they have gone through 2 seasons of mining

yikes

Motherboard: (Default) CPU Socket: LGA-1151  ||  CPU: i5-6500T  iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 530  ||  OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint Xfce  || Cooling: original cooling   ||  RAM: 2x 4GB SODIMM DDR4  ||  SSD 1 (OS): Saberent Rocket 128GB M.2 PCIe 3.0  ||   SSD 2: Samsung 128GB 2.5 Inch something  (Used 100% for compressed memory for no reason don't judge me) ||  Power supply: The external one that came with it   ||  WiFi: Some Intel laptop WiFi card that makes my PC look like a router because of the antennae.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Take my memes said:

yikes

i mean like 2 mining waves have happened and those cards were a hit with miners so properly test the card and by from reputable sellers ect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×