Fps capped at 144fps with no vsync (league)

StreamFlow

League of legends runs at 144fps time to time till i alt tab and back into the game it happens at random and it started happening since i plugged in a new monitor same model same brand

V-sync off in-game and in nvidia control panel tried disabling and turning on free-sync tried updating drivers

Specs:

i5-12400f

32gb ram 3200mhz

storage - 2.5tb SSD + 1tb HDD

How is this even an issue? You aren't even tabbed into the game so why do you care if it is running at 144fps when it goes back to normal when you tab back in? Most games and programs will lower fps when you tab out of them. It's just a power saving measure just like fps on menus is sometimes lower than in game because you don't need your menu at 360 fps. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

How is this even an issue? You aren't even tabbed into the game so why do you care if it is running at 144fps when it goes back to normal when you tab back in? Most games and programs will lower fps when you tab out of them. It's just a power saving measure just like fps on menus is sometimes lower than in game because you don't need your menu at 360 fps. 

No i mean once it happens i have to alt tab for it to fix i didnt alt tab previously it just randomly happens i got that the fps caps to 144 or 60 when u alt tab to save resources or something but i get it while i didnt alt tab and the only way to fix it from being capped is to alt tab did i make that somewhat clear? it just happens randomly while im playing without alt tabbing it caps itself to 144 goes from 240 fps to 144 and stays that way until i alt tab

22 minutes ago, StreamFlow said:

No i mean once it happens i have to alt tab for it to fix i didnt alt tab previously it just randomly happens i got that the fps caps to 144 or 60 when u alt tab to save resources or something but i get it while i didnt alt tab and the only way to fix it from being capped is to alt tab did i make that somewhat clear? it just happens randomly while im playing without alt tabbing it caps itself to 144 goes from 240 fps to 144 and stays that way until i alt tab

Seems weird. I would try turning off freesync if you currently have it on as it could be the issue. 

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Seems weird. I would try turning off freesync if you currently have it on as it could be the issue. 

Yes i tried that aswell

24 minutes ago, StreamFlow said:

Yes i tried that aswell

Then I am out of ideas. Usually fps caps, vsync and freesync would cause similar issues. 

Freesync is AMD for AMD GPUs only, G-Sync is for nVidia GPUs. Got the wrong monitor.

And yes, as someone said, minimizing the game will reduce it's consumption of resources by default, non-issue.