new amd cpu now I'm getting a new install error ftmp

bellingson

I had a amd ryzen 5 3600 and changed to a ryzen 5800x running windows 11. I had the ftpm running on the last processor no problem. Everything was ok for a time then i noticed a message on windows saying i needed to turn ftpm on. So i tried but it wasnt letting me into bios so i did a shift+restart to bring up system recovery and changed it in the bios. Now with the new cpu after bios screen I get taken to a black screen saying new cpu install error ftpm, press y or press n. Neither keys are responding, and I'm stuck do I need to reinstall the older processor and turn ftpm off in bios? I've scoured Google and can't find anything particular to my situation.

Just now, bellingson said:

I had a amd ryzen 5 3600 and changed to a ryzen 5800x running windows 11. I had the ftpm running on the last processor no problem. Everything was ok for a time then i noticed a message on windows saying i needed to turn ftpm on. So i tried but it wasnt letting me into bios so i did a shift+restart to bring up system recovery and changed it in the bios. Now with the new cpu after bios screen I get taken to a black screen saying new cpu install error ftpm, press y or press n. Neither keys are responding, and I'm stuck do I need to reinstall the older processor and turn ftpm off in bios? I've scoured Google and can't find anything particular to my situation.

have you tried to reset cmos?

No I haven't. I thought about it but I was wary because I read the encryption key is kept in the ryzen cpu and didn't want to compound my problem.

BIOS does not reside in CPU but in MB, it utilizes your CPU, that is why they call it an MB Brick when you flash the wrong bios. Your keys will be safe.

CMOS reset is the only way out of this, good or bad. Take out the battery to do so properly, and do it properly with rubber gloves and PSU unplugged from power.