Rebuilt PC wont boot in post

GracefulDead

In 2017 I build a pretty expensive gaming PC. The PC at the time had a 1080 ti 11 GB, AMD Ryzen 7 1st Gen 1700 with a PSU of EVGA SuperNOVA 750. After using it on and off for about 6 years I thought that Cyber Monday was the perfect time to update my motherboard, cpu and watercooler. After putting everything together the GPU lights would turn on and off until the pc would die and reboot again. Keep in mind the Pc would never boot into the Bios while this was happing. So I unplugged the GPU and then the water cooler RBG and the motherboard RBG turned on for the first time. After this happened It made me think that the PSU is the issue, but 750 W should be enough to power the whole PC. Do you think I should replace the 6 year old PSU or is it something else?

In 2017 I build a pretty expensive gaming PC. The PC at the time had a 1080 ti 11 GB, AMD Ryzen 7 1st Gen 1700 with a PSU of EVGA SuperNOVA 750. After using it on and off for about 6 years I thought that Cyber Monday was the perfect time to update my motherboard, cpu and watercooler. After putting everything together the GPU lights would turn on and off until the pc would die and reboot again. Keep in mind the Pc would never boot into the Bios while this was happing. So I unplugged the GPU and then the water cooler RBG and the motherboard RBG turned on for the first time. After this happened It made me think that the PSU is the issue, but 750 W should be enough to power the whole PC. Do you think I should replace the 6 year old PSU or is it something else?

Can you give us a spec list of all the new components please? 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

10 minutes ago, GracefulDead said:

What's the spec of the upgrades ?
We can't possibly know whether it's "something else" or not while knowing just the PSU.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Can you give us a spec list of all the new components please? 

this post got me thinking if it's because of their C tier 6 year old PSU..

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

this post got me thinking if it's because of their C tier 6 year old PSU..

Possibly but if it was working fine just before the swap it technically should at least let the new system post and boot up, I definitely would replace it regardless due to age myself but it should at least work with the system. Which is why I want to know what parts OP put into the system to rule out anything else being the culprit first.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Possibly but if it was working fine just before the swap it technically should at least let the new system post and boot up, I definitely would replace it regardless due to age myself but it should at least work with the system. Which is why I want to know what parts OP put into the system to rule out anything else being the culprit first.

yeah I guess not posting isn't usually a PSU's fault even if the components want to draw more than what it's capable of

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

3 minutes ago, podkall said:

yeah I guess not posting isn't usually a PSU's fault even if the components want to draw more than what it's capable of

Well if the PSU is dead it will not post, but the system is getting power and it worked with OPs previous hardware just before the rebuild and a 750w PSU should handle pretty much anything when not under load. Which leads me in process of elimination to something else, either a configuration issue or OP didn't hook something up right. Which is why I asked for a spec list, OP should also double check and make sure everything is properly seated as far as components and cables go. 

11 minutes ago, GracefulDead said:

Ok, motherboard and CPU should be compatible out of the box. However, just a heads up I have that same motherboard as well as had that same G.Skill ram kit and I needed to replace my ram, the G.Skill kit worked in my old setup with no issues but in the Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 it would bluescreen crash and have issues with XMP even after the bios update that Gigabyte released to fix it, so I replaced the ram kit with a different make and model and it worked fine. It did still post and I could do things on the computer though. And the ram works fine in a different system, it was only the G.Skill kit with that specific board.

I recommend if possible testing a different ram kit to see if it posts with a different kit, if it still doesn't you need to check your build over. What I would do is essentially just take it all the way apart and rebuild it again. Reseat everything, CPU, Ram, PSU Cables, M.2 SSD, etc. Check every connection. And last thing to do if reseating everything and ram swap do nothing would be the power supply. It may be good to "bench test" all of the main components outside of the case as well to save you some time and hassle of having to  take stuff out and do everything inside the case.

* Threads merged *

Please do not post in multiple sections.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !