Samsung QE65Q60T and Denon DHT-S716H Soundbar ARC Setup

jepsen_S
Go to solution Solved by cmndr,

Ideally you plug the sound bar INTO the TV in the TV's ARC port. 

Then you set the TV to output sound via ARC. 
I would avoid indirect connections if possible or at least plug less important things into stuff that isn't the TV. Not the end of the world though, just often more finicky and potentially higher latency and/or reduction to lower HDMI specs. 
The location of the OTHER things matters a lot less. The main case where it MIGHT matter would be if you have a PC or game console. It's usually ideal to plug those straight into the TV to lower latency (though some AVRs/soundbars might have their own ALLM which is fine) if there's ports available (especially for doing 4K 120Hz via HDMI 2.1). 

As far as Dolby Digital Plus vs TrueHD, this probably doesn't matter much unless you watch Blu Ray discs - Netflix, Disney, etc. all compress their signal anyway. 

Hi

I have recently just bought a Denon S716H soundbar with a subwoofer and 2 wireless speakers

I currently have a Samsung QE65Q60T TV, and i am currently watching TV channels from a TV-box (internet), that has a 2.1 hdmi port

I noticed that the soundbar has 4xHDMI 2.0a Input and 1 Arc output, and you can see with the uploaded image that it comes with TrueHD, Dolby Vision, HDR and so on

Now on my TV it supports EArc but also just ARC, but it only supports Dolby Digital Plus not TrueHD

Im just curious about where do i plug in my Tv-box in? Does it make a difference in sound or video quality if i plug it into the soundbar with TrueHD

And what about the HDR? Image below shows what my TV supports.

image.png.5d7dde724e048a631bb63b40acd7cbe0.png

image.png.977427de8c895348c79cb83615e435fa.png

Ideally you plug the sound bar INTO the TV in the TV's ARC port. 

Then you set the TV to output sound via ARC. 
I would avoid indirect connections if possible or at least plug less important things into stuff that isn't the TV. Not the end of the world though, just often more finicky and potentially higher latency and/or reduction to lower HDMI specs. 
The location of the OTHER things matters a lot less. The main case where it MIGHT matter would be if you have a PC or game console. It's usually ideal to plug those straight into the TV to lower latency (though some AVRs/soundbars might have their own ALLM which is fine) if there's ports available (especially for doing 4K 120Hz via HDMI 2.1). 

As far as Dolby Digital Plus vs TrueHD, this probably doesn't matter much unless you watch Blu Ray discs - Netflix, Disney, etc. all compress their signal anyway. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800