Is This some version of PCIe I don't know about? Trying to turn a System76 system into a desktop.

thebigg32

HI there!

Does anybody recognize this data form factor on this GPU? If so, is it adaptable to a AM4 motherboard?

image.png.cf921f607eaf72d677053028c20944df.png

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, thebigg32 said:

HI there!

Does anybody recognize this data form factor on this GPU? If so, is it adaptable to a AM4 motherboard?

image.png.cf921f607eaf72d677053028c20944df.png

Thanks in advance!

It looks like MXM. There are PCIe to MXM GPU adapters that exist, though the adapters and cooling solutions are a little sketchy, and realistically you're better off flipping the card and getting an actual GPU instead. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It looks like MXM. There are PCIe to MXM GPU adapters that exist, though the adapters and cooling solutions are a little sketchy, and realistically you're better off flipping the card and getting an actual GPU instead. 

First of all, thanks for the quick response! You guys rock!

You might be right about this...

My predicament is that I recently built a PC. I have the workstation laptop(serval ws12) from System76 which has served me well for the past two years since starting my career, but I don't want to have it around doing nothing. So I was thinking of turning it into a "console" configured with my TV in my apartment. But the thing is LOUD. So I figured why not turn it into a PC with proper cooling? The CPU is a desktop CPU, so that won't be a problem. I also looked up laptop ram adapters for desktop SLOTS, those are pretty inexpensive. So not a problem. But the GPU is the issue now I guess...