GTX 1660 TI Cooling Mod

DonutTime

Hi all!

Recently I was thinking of a new tinkering project. While I was changing the thermal paste on my Asus TUF GTX 1660 TI 6gb OC. I found the heat sink oddly small. Later I found myself online looking for some cooling solutions and I came across the Asus TUF GTX 1660 TI 6gb EVO OC. That heat sink looks much better than my one.

My question is since the PCB and design of the card looks exactly the same would it be possible just to install this heat sink into my card? If it is, where would be the best place online to find this part? Ive looked around for a little bit but nothing of use came up. The reason why I'm doing this is because i like to experiment and I'm curious what the temps might be. Plus for fun. I'm kinda new to this whole PC building thing and would like someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

*As a side note, I know water cooling is a valid solution but I am not comfortable with water cooling anything just yet.

If PCB == the same, you should be able to replace the heatsink and such. (don't forget about thermal pads or whatever they are called)

To find such a card, I'd look on an online marketplace/ebay, where some stranger might be selling a broken card. Rip off heatsink from the broken one, paste it onto your current one, and yer done.

4 hours ago, DonutTime said:

Hi all!

Recently I was thinking of a new tinkering project. While I was changing the thermal paste on my Asus TUF GTX 1660 TI 6gb OC. I found the heat sink oddly small. Later I found myself online looking for some cooling solutions and I came across the Asus TUF GTX 1660 TI 6gb EVO OC. That heat sink looks much better than my one.

My question is since the PCB and design of the card looks exactly the same would it be possible just to install this heat sink into my card? If it is, where would be the best place online to find this part? Ive looked around for a little bit but nothing of use came up. The reason why I'm doing this is because i like to experiment and I'm curious what the temps might be. Plus for fun. I'm kinda new to this whole PC building thing and would like someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

*As a side note, I know water cooling is a valid solution but I am not comfortable with water cooling anything just yet.

Don't bother with the heatsink

just undervolt the card