DayZ standalone

Fluffinator

Is DayZ standalone worth the cash now? I've been holding back on it for a whole now because of all the bugs and lack of content but now that I have some extra cash I'm thinking of getting it. Either that or Rust, would you consider DayZ a lot better then the start or does it still have ways to go?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

The community consists of deathmatch dicks. So if you dont mind getting shot every few hours, then have fun.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Is DayZ standalone worth the cash now? I've been holding back on it for a whole now because of all the bugs and lack of content but now that I have some extra cash I'm thinking of getting it. Either that or Rust, would you consider DayZ a lot better then the start or does it still have ways to go?

It's a lot better than it was, i bought it when it was first released and didn't play it for a couple of months because it was so buggy.. There is far less bugs now and its actually playable. I prefer it to rust. 

The community consists of deathmatch dicks. So if you dont mind getting shot every few hours, then have fun.

Yeah, i have lost count how many times i have been killed by people next to the coast waiting for Bambi's to spawn in. Bunch on knobs.

Are vehicles and melee combat along with that weird lag issue fixed? And will I be able to find people or is it like single player since I heard the server sizes were a little messed up.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I love standalone, you will have a lot of really funny experiences. They keep making the game better and people there are a lot funnier.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

It's worth the cash because the final product might cost more. I have no confirmation what Rocket's gonna charge for the final release. Keep in mind maybe the Summer sale will drop the price a bit.

As for the bugs... DayZ is very buggy. Falling off buildings, huge latency rubberbands, zombies running through walls, items despawning or disappearing from inventory because of lag. There's tons of bugs. The community is... If you befriend someone in DayZ that you met in DayZ, congratulations. I would assume 75% of players are pure KOS. 15% are talk to you, then shoot you when they get bored. And the final 10% are friendly. But the game is like... 30km by 30km. So think of the odds that you're gonna find a friendly that often.

On the other hand... DayZ is an experience unlike any other. If you have a few friends and you all are able to figure out the mechanics enough to survive the coast, this is where you spawn, you will have a blast. Or if you have someone who is willing to show you the ropes, you'll have a blast. Even with the other players killing you. I mean. I just died after surviving 3 weeks. Next time I played I got a firearm, some ammunition and was immediately back on the prowl. And as time goes on the game should get better. You could think of it as an investment like that, lol.

And I would put DayZ over rust by a lot. Rust may not be as buggy, but the PKer element is definitely still there, just not as rampant. But the game itself is very boring. Not much to do and a limited amount of things to create. Where DayZ is more about surviving and killing I find Rust being more about crafting and killing. EDIT: This should change as both games develop more.

I think it's worth it. But I've always been playing for like... 2 years, since DayZ first became a mod.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Melee combat is as good as the server you're on. Sometimes you'll get hit when you don't see yourself getting hit. I'm guessing this is more latency than anything.

Currently there are no vehicles. Rocket declared that they are revamping the vehicles from the ground up.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Yeah, i have lost count how many times i have been killed by people next to the coast waiting for Bambi's to spawn in. Bunch on knobs.

I hate that, but it IS part of what makes DayZ different, the fact that you can do that is interesting, and gives me a reason to hunt down assholes :3

I was playing last night, had not been on in like a month, spawned at the airfield with an m4 in my hands, mosin and scope on my back and all the food drink and food in the world...

then fell off the roof :3 GO ME

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yes, it's sooooo much fun, i can't stop playing it

Very buggy, but too much fun

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Yes dayz is the experience, trust none. New spawns look nice but they will kill you at the chance

I hate that, but it IS part of what makes DayZ different, the fact that you can do that is interesting, and gives me a reason to hunt down assholes :3

I was playing last night, had not been on in like a month, spawned at the airfield with an m4 in my hands, mosin and scope on my back and all the food drink and food in the world...

then fell off the roof :3 GO ME

lol i had a guy pinned down with my mosin.. He was laid on top of the fire tower next thing i see is him trying to run to the ladder miss it and just go straight off the edge of the building.. 

It is an unfinished game that will never be finished, the devs have peoples money now and will just keep adding stuff to the game and never fix any of the existing bugs.

Twitter | Steam |

One annoying thing about the game for me is the optimisation, i have to run it at normal/low settings because it only uses half of my vram..

lol i had a guy pinned down with my mosin.. He was laid on top of the fire tower next thing i see is him trying to run to the ladder miss it and just go straight off the edge of the building.. 

was probably me ^^

no i actually just walked off the roof, was on comms to my friend and wasnt even looking at the screen

look up and I am dead

last time I played with a friend I handcuffed him when he went for a drink. for some reason the handcuffed duplicated as did the key, but I couldnt unlock the ones on him only the new ones I had, and he couldnt break free.... I just axed him in the face :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have 5 friends that have the game,played the game, and told me of how broken it is, but I wanted to give it a try anyway and from what I've read it looks fun! Is the game optimized or terribly optimized? I've heard of people with decent machines getting bad FPS.

was probably me ^^

no i actually just walked off the roof, was on comms to my friend and wasnt even looking at the screen

look up and I am dead

last time I played with a friend I handcuffed him when he went for a drink. for some reason the handcuffed duplicated as did the key, but I couldnt unlock the ones on him only the new ones I had, and he couldnt break free.... I just axed him in the face :)

lol, i rarely ever kill people.. Im always cautious but rarely kill.. I think i have killed like 4 people in 100 hours of game time. Im usually in a group of 3-5 fully armed and we never kos. 

One annoying thing about the game for me is the optimisation, i have to run it at normal/low settings because it only uses half of my vram..

dang with your specs! Low/med that sucks

dang with your specs! Low/med that sucks

What really?

on my 4770k and 780ti I can run it maxed out everything at 1440p

something is wrong if you are on low/medium

I have 5 friends that have the game,played the game, and told me of how broken it is, but I wanted to give it a try anyway and from what I've read it looks fun! Is the game optimized or terribly optimized? I've heard of people with decent machines getting bad FPS.

It runs terrible for me.. 

Hopefully I can run this on a GTX 770 a little scared ha ha

What really?

on my 4770k and 780ti I can run it maxed out everything at 1440p

something is wrong if you are on low/medium

Yeah i have to have everything on medium with clouds turned off and everything.. Even then the fps is only just bearable in towns.. It only uses half of my vram and my gpu load never goes above 60% load..

Hopefully I can run this on a GTX 770 a little scared ha ha

Should run fine, it is so much better than the mod was before standalone came out

plays fine on all the computers in my sig, even the little one 

Yeah i have to have everything on medium with clouds turned off and everything.. Even then the fps is only just bearable in towns.. It only uses half of my vram and my gpu load never goes above 60% load..

thats odd, seriously shouldnt be like that

it is quite CPU limited though, perhaps the i5 is the bottleneck here

double post

delete pls 

Should run fine, it is so much better than the mod was before standalone came out

plays fine on all the computers in my sig, even the little one 

thats odd, seriously shouldnt be like that

it is quite CPU limited though, perhaps the i5 is the bottleneck here

Nah my cpu is nowhere near load when i play it..