I have NEVER in 5 Years seen this issue PLEASE help.

Nico_Nicolaisen
Can anyone maybe think what could be wrong with my brand new CPU Ryzen 7 5700G.
A mate sold me his old PC at a great price and left me with some room to upgrade so I bought this CPU(brand new from Syntech) and a 3070 at a damn great deal.
After alot of shit after updating the msi Tomahawk b450 MOBO got the CPU to work but then 2 days later mothing red lighr on MOBO just stays on solid leaving everything bricked. Sent the CPU back they said all is good retried it as they said I should with no luck put in different Ram it worked for one start up after a restart back to the same shit.
In my 5 Years in IT I have never seen a issue like this hope someone has.
(Previous CPU that woks 100% with the rest of the setup ia a 2nd Gem ryzen 5)
Also did check all parts in the PC should be compatible
Thanks

Have you updated the BIOS to support the 5700G? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I would also check and make sure the ram you have is on your motherboards QVL list.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

20 minutes ago, Nico_Nicolaisen said:

A mate sold me his old PC at a great price and left me with some room to upgrade so I bought this CPU(brand new from Syntech) and a 3070 at a damn great deal.

curious- why would you buy a 5700G? It’s slower than the equivalent processors without iGPU (significantly less cache), and doesn’t have certain features (like PCIe 4.0) that the better processors in the lineup have (literally anything without a G except the 5500)

20 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

I would also check and make sure the ram you have is on your motherboards QVL list.

I did check this as well and it seems to be yes

3 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

curious- why would you buy a 5700G? It’s slower than the equivalent processors without iGPU, and doesn’t have certain features (like PCIe 4.0) that the better processors in the lineup have (literally anything without a G except the 5500)

but dont forget he is using a B450 board, so no pcie 4.0 on the board.

if i knew about this when buying a new cpu for this motherboard, i would also get a 5700G, the only thing it lacks from the 5800X is the L3 cache, which is halved.

4 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

curious- why would you buy a 5700G? It’s slower than the equivalent processors without iGPU (significantly less cache), and doesn’t have certain features (like PCIe 4.0) that the better processors in the lineup have (literally anything without a G except the 5500)

So in South Africa Prices is a bit messy still but my Supplier (I have a Software Dev Company) Told me Yo we have this at a ridicules cheap price and it just made sense to run for a year or 2 then do a full ddr5 setup

1 minute ago, Nico_Nicolaisen said:

So in South Africa Prices is a bit messy still but my Supplier (I have a Software Dev Company) Told me Yo we have this at a ridicules cheap price and it just made sense to run for a year or 2 then do a full ddr5 setup

ah ok that makes sense!

27 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Have you updated the BIOS to support the 5700G? 

Yeah did do so before putting in the CPU while Old CPU was still in and then also tried with the bios flash button when it did not want to boot 

3 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

ah ok that makes sense!

But this issue is making me want to lose my head haha and just make some bad decisions and get everything now hahahaha and sell a kidney or something haha

10 minutes ago, Nico_Nicolaisen said:

Yeah did do so before putting in the CPU while Old CPU was still in and then also tried with the bios flash button when it did not want to boot 

That's unusual, is it a non-Beta BIOS that you updated to?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

That's unusual, is it a non-Beta BIOS that you updated to?

Yeah non Beta and it is the version the supplier also suggested to do and followed there steps to the T as well 

This is the version number - 7C02v1I

2 minutes ago, Nico_Nicolaisen said:

Yeah non Beta and it is the version the supplier also suggested to do and followed there steps to the T as well 

This is the version number - 7C02v1I

It's the MSI B450 Tomahawk just to be sure, right? There is a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max out there. 

Otherwise, that BIOS lines up with the supported BIOS for the 5700G. 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

It's the MSI B450 Tomahawk just to be sure, right? There is a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max out there. 

Otherwise, that BIOS lines up with the supported BIOS for the 5700G. 

Yeah 100% sure its not the max

2 minutes ago, Nico_Nicolaisen said:

Yeah 100% sure its not the max

Then the CPU should work in the motherboard now. When swapping CPUs and RAM, did you make sure to clear CMOS?

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Then the CPU should work in the motherboard now. When swapping CPUs and RAM, did you make sure to clear CMOS?

Yeah Cleared CMOS. The dumb part is once I put the gen 2 Ryzen in again boots up instantly 

3 minutes ago, Nico_Nicolaisen said:

Yeah Cleared CMOS. The dumb part is once I put the gen 2 Ryzen in again boots up instantly 

Hmm, when the 5700G is installed, have you tried removing the 3070 and booting it up? 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Hmm, when the 5700G is installed, have you tried removing the 3070 and booting it up? 

Yeah also tried this I was scared the GPU was messing stuff up. so tried just on integrated to get something to happen with no GPU in took it completely out of pci everything