need some help in ubuntu

i just installed ubuntu in virtualbox, this is the first time im using linux so please explain my problem to me in simple language.

so im setting up ubuntu and personalizing it.

if i want to use a command with sudo, it asks "[sudo] password for jonas:" , so this is my name.  i dont know what to enter, since i only used one password for everything i did in linux.

i asked a friend with multiple years of experience in linux, but he didnt directly know and needed to go somewhere.  so thats why im asking youguys this probably very simple question.

please help me

When you created your user account you chose a password, that's the one. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, JoHeJo06 said:

is there any way to pick a new password, since i dont know it?

If it's the only account on the system, then no, you'll have to reinstall and start again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

If it's the only account on the system, then no, you'll have to reinstall and start again.

dammit

it says: "jonas is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported."

what does this mean and what is going to get reported?

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

i reinstalled ubuntu and now it works

thanks for saying!