Building a cmputer for my mom

she uses it for internet/youtube and neopets gaming and storage for a cooking recipes.

CPU : I3 4330

Motherboard : Asus H87M - ITX

Ram : G.Skill RipJaw-X 1600 C9 (8GB=2x4GB)

DVDRW : LG 12X Blu-ray RD+DVDRW

GPU : Asus GTX750 Ti OC 2GB

Memory : 2x 1TB WD Blue and 1x ADATA 128GB SP900( for OS storage)

PSU : Cosair CM 500 (modular)

Case : Cosair R 200

is there anyhing i should improve on because she saves alot of recipies and pictures on the food she cooks

The large case and small motherboard is really awkward.

..Is the bluray drive really necessary?

Why is there a graphics card?

Why 2 separate hdds?

The psu is overkill. Even with the graphics card, the system could run off of an oem 250w. 

This belongs in the New Builds and Planning section. I'm moving the thread.

Build Logs is for showing off your system/build process. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks pretty overkill for the use unless you already have the parts

hellooooooooo

you could do with integrated graphics (idk wich would be sufficient)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Why 2 separate hdds?

The psu is overkill. Even with the graphics card, the system could run off of an oem 250w. 

most itx cases are expensive the hdd i had on hamd so i put both in as for the gpu iy was just incase she watched HD bluray movies and yes the DVDR is needed she burns disc of the receipes for her cooking club

most itx cases are expensive the hdd i had on hamd so i put both in as for the gpu iy was just incase she watched HD bluray movies and yes the DVDR is needed she burns disc of the receipes for her cooking club

The integrated graphics are more than enough for bluray playback. 

Unless she requests it, don't get the bluray drive 'just in case'. Ask to make sure since a normal DVDR is much cheaper. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The integrated graphics are more than enough for bluray playback. 

Unless she requests it, don't get the bluray drive 'just in case'. Ask to make sure since a normal DVDR is much cheaper. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

i live in singapore  it in a neghbourhood pc shop about $650 which my dad gave me to build for her

i live in singapore  it in a neghbourhood pc shop about $650 which my dad gave me to build for her

Is there an available shop/parts list you can link me to?

and intel 4600 graphics are enough for neopets, youtube and bluray playback

and why itx in a atx case

You could just buy her a laptop

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I was thinking this for my mum http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Phllips/saved/4pNe also u only need the bare minimum without a GPU but thats the cheapest i could find 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

intel i3 4th gen

cheapest h87 mobo you can grab (for mini itx you can go gigabyte h87n wifi itx)

grab a 750ti just to make it look like a real pc (it doesn't matter) I'd still slap in a gpu there just for the sake of "It has a gpu"

2tb western digital caviar red would be awesome. heck if you got the extra cash I'd slap in some 4tb there just for the sake of building a pc.

cx500 corsair or the seasonic m12ii 520w bronze.

look for some really small mini itx case.

put bluray even if she won't ever use it just because you can.

pretty much this if it's over your budget either drop down to 1tb red, then if it's still over drop to cx500, if it's still over remove the bluray (but put some 20 bucks odd) 

then you're gold.

Live your life like a dream.

Is there an available shop/parts list you can link me to?

nope sorrie its a small neghourhood shop

Get the cheapest i3 haswell you can find, get a cheap m-itx board with WiFi (h81 or h87), 4gb of 1600mhz ram, get one of cooler master m-itx cases, corsair cx430 psu. And that is about it, she will not need anything more.

You can get her a larger ssd like a 256gb as the only drive and use an external HDD to store movies and pictures.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Ahem to the op. That neighbourhood pc shop is trying to rip you off. I also from Singapore.

You should do you computer at Sim Lim Square and the cheapest are only cost you half what that pc shop qoute.

To the rest here, Sim Lim Square is pretty much Singapore version of newegg,ncix,microcenter in one building.

Actually @WoodenMarker

You could download Singapore pc parts price from some websites. Just search Cybermind computer Singapore or fuwell Singapore and you can go to the site to download the pricelist in pdf format. If you need more pricelist you can register a username in the Hardwarezone forums and you could download all the smaller pc stores pricelist. They are updated on a weekly basis on Fri and Sat.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

dude, if you have time go to johor or kl.

one of the cheapest store for it, but dont forget to minus travelling cost.  :D good luck

http://www.viewnet.com.my/downloads/viewnet_diy_pricelist.pdf

since you'll be having kickass hardware, why dont u try windows pc case corsair 300R windowed or corsair 760t.

or.. go smaller, or corsair 250D

im just suggesting..  :lol:

oh ya try to survey online the price. you can compare, at least before you go

The op is trying to make a cheap pc but 650 dollars is not cheap!

Why is there a need for a gaming grade gpu and ssd which made me scratch my head.

Sim Lim Square can make pc at lowest 200 dollars but if you pick better parts the total cost is only close to 300+ dollars.

My core 2 duo desktop can run what the op's mum is playing only it takes a while longer to load pages with the slow WiFi card.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Why 2 separate hdds?

Why the GPU?

Neopets can get pretty hardcore

Well then just get a Kaveri APU and round your build off at just 400-430$ that would be enough for everything and everyone would be happy. Lol

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

The op is trying to make a cheap pc but 650 dollars is not cheap!

Why is there a need for a gaming grade gpu and ssd which made me scratch my head.

Sim Lim Square can make pc at lowest 200 dollars but if you pick better parts the total cost is only close to 300+ dollars.

My core 2 duo desktop can run what the op's mum is playing only it takes a while longer to load pages with the slow WiFi card.

the shop owner told me to add a cheap GPU becaue of some of the 3d blu ray movies my mom watches  so should i listen or leave the gpu out?

the shop owner told me to add a cheap GPU becaue of some of the 3d blu ray movies my mom watches  so should i listen or leave the gpu out?

there no need for the GPU

the onboard iGPU in the Intel CPU is more than enough for Blu-Ray movies

HD Graphics 4600 is pretty good for multimedia playback

why don't you check Best Bargins computer or other shops at Sim Lim Square?

you can get a desktop without OS at 300 dollars

she uses it for internet/youtube and neopets gaming and storage for a cooking recipes.

CPU : I3 4330

Motherboard : Asus H87M - ITX

Ram : G.Skill RipJaw-X 1600 C9 (8GB=2x4GB)

DVDRW : LG 12X Blu-ray RD+DVDRW

GPU : Asus GTX750 Ti OC 2GB

Memory : 2x 1TB WD Blue and 1x ADATA 128GB SP900( for OS storage)

PSU : Cosair CM 500 (modular)

Case : Cosair R 200

is there anyhing i should improve on because she saves alot of recipies and pictures on the food she cooks

I think you can get away with not having an SSD. Save your money on the RAM as well. 4GB is more than enough for what you mom wants to do. Does she need a display?

This is what I have for you. This system will suit your moms needs well.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3EBxg

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3EBxg/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3EBxg/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($119.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-H101-22FK-RA 30.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($18.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($90.38 @ Newegg)

Memory: A-Data Plus Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.26 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.98 @ Best Buy)

Case: Apex MI-008 Mini ITX Tower Case w/250W Power Supply  ($49.24 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)

Monitor: BenQ GW2255 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($109.00 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($14.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $668.78

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-05 19:17 EDT-0400)

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse