Suggestions on new Headset

Logun

Hello

I'm looking at picking up a new headset. Currently looking at the Astro A50 vs the Arctis Nova Pro Wireless.

My sticking point is that I will be using them for both Xbox and Playstation.

What is PS5's 3D audio like? Is it really something I need to consider? Will there be any issues with either of them?

Googling tells me I need an adapter for the A50s? And then googling tells me I don't need the adapter, but I'm not sure what is lost if I dont get the adapter? (I do know not to get the Astro adapter because it's only for HDMI 2.0, not 2.1)

The sale on the A50's makes it the more appealing choice right now. Does anyone have hands on experience?

Thanks for the input!

one more question about the A50's - the dolby access exists on both PS5 and Xbox versions, it just comes down to buy the license? (included with Xbox version, not included with PS5?)

So another way of asking - if I buy ths PS version and buy a basestation only for xbox I can swap easily and get the Atmos with the Xbox basestation.....right?

Do both the PS5 and Xbox have outputs for a wired solution?  My guess is that most people reading your post are at best familiar with one console or the other not both.

Personally I'm not a fan of wireless and I know that xbox uses or has used their proprietary wireless solution so I'm unaware if anything will connect to both wirelessly.

If PS5 offers BT connection for a headset I could recommend the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 because that does Xbox wireless and BT.  I'm not a fan of the xbox wireless solution as I've used it on my PC and depending on the time of day I can get a sub-optimal connection.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission