Display flickering and artefacts

yolosnail

Not sure if this is the right place to put this as it's the GPU in my laptop.

I have a HP OMEN laptop with an RTX 2060, in the past few weeks I've had issues with my display flickering.

I originally thought it was an issue with the display as it only happened to one of them, but after getting 2 new displays on the Black Friday sales, it's started happening to both.

The flickering and artefacts seem to be limited to the top half of each display, and it's just black blocks.

It has 3 display outputs, USB-C/Thunderbolt, Mini-DP, and HDMI. I have my monitors connected over Mini-DP and HDMI, and it happens to both. 

What troubleshooting can I go through to figure out what the problem is?

Since it's happening over both the Mini-DP and HDMI outputs, and it seems to happen to both monitors at the same time, I doubt it's a cable issue. I've swapped the HDMI cable already, but I don't have a spare Mini-DP to DP, or a Type-C dongle.

It's very intermittent, it stopped for a few days after I got my new monitors, but now it seems to be back!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue