How to fix rattly spacebar

Viktor277

On huntsman mini, i know its a prebuilt but its not bad at all, just the space bar rattles, i lubed other stabilizers but lube on the space bar stays on for like 2 days then rattles again, did the band aid mod but just makes it worse, cant figure out what exactly rattles and i lubed every inch of that spacebar. They also use retarded proprietary stabilizers, would help bunches if someone knows how to deal with this.

1 hour ago, Viktor277 said:

On huntsman mini, i know its a prebuilt but its not bad at all, just the space bar rattles, i lubed other stabilizers but lube on the space bar stays on for like 2 days then rattles again, did the band aid mod but just makes it worse, cant figure out what exactly rattles and i lubed every inch of that spacebar. They also use retarded proprietary stabilizers, would help bunches if someone knows how to deal with this.

Just watched a video on the topic as I am not familiar with this keyboard. That is why we got rid of mechanical keyboards in the first place, that and medical reasons but mostly because of the noise. You probably want to dampen the entire thing by taking it apart. Btw. do not just lube it up by spraying. You want to actually grease it up. Basic lithium grease will do but it smells so you want to get something that doesn't. From what I can tell, this board has the Spring loading underneath the cover, which makes it quite a bit harder to dampen and will require a compete disassembly. It probably rattles because the keyboard was designed for a specific spring tension of probably stiffer keys. Using lighter or softer keys, you will have more rattle. No idea if you can replace the spring load mechanism or adjust it.

5 hours ago, Viktor277 said:

Check whether or not the stab's metal wire is crooked.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 3:25 AM, Applefreak said:

Just watched a video on the topic as I am not familiar with this keyboard. That is why we got rid of mechanical keyboards in the first place, that and medical reasons but mostly because of the noise. You probably want to dampen the entire thing by taking it apart. Btw. do not just lube it up by spraying. You want to actually grease it up. Basic lithium grease will do but it smells so you want to get something that doesn't. From what I can tell, this board has the Spring loading underneath the cover, which makes it quite a bit harder to dampen and will require a compete disassembly. It probably rattles because the keyboard was designed for a specific spring tension of probably stiffer keys. Using lighter or softer keys, you will have more rattle. No idea if you can replace the spring load mechanism or adjust it.

What is a medical reason behind mechanical keyboards?