Internet upload speed capping for unknown reasons.

TheBigOgre
New member here, but long time lurker. Thanks for having me.
I'm stumped and I need some help that would be greatly appreciated.
Trying to help a friend, I went to his office today to check on his computer, since he claims that his upload speeds to the Internet suck.
After some testing he is right, but it is so weird.
He has a 2.5GbE NIC on a 2.5 Gb local LAN, with 500Mb Up and 500Mb down fiber.
While he can send and receive files from other PCs on the LAN at 2.5Gb, and he can download at 500Mb from the Internet, he can only upload at around 10~20Mb to the Internet. All the other PCs on the network can upload at 500Mb.
Since the NIC can transfer internally at 2.5Gb that would mean the NIC works fine. I thought it was the switch, so I swapped the ports with a known working one and the same for his computer and the other PC worked fine in that slot. I reason it can't be the router since the other PCs don't have that issue.
I ended up removing all middle equipment and plugged the machine with a new cable (CAT 6a 3 foot tested cable) directly to the ONT, with the same exact results.
I just installed an Aorus WiFi 6 AX200 wifi card, and the results are the same on the WiFi6 on 5GHz and 2.4Ghz (500Mbs down/20 up, and 228Mbs down/18 up, respectively on each). 
Card set to Full Duplex with 1500 MTU.
Uninstalled NordVPN, disabled bitdefender as well. I don't think its bitdefender because all the other machines in his office have the same version and it was installed the same for all users. Tested with speedtest in Chrome, Opera GX and Edge, which are all installed and then download the app from the MS Store getting the same results.
I brought the machine home and plugged it in to my network, and it is doing the same thing.
All this leads me to think something could be capped in his windows configuration or something like that. Something will not let me upload to the internet at more than about 20 Mbps on this machine.
Anyone has any ideas where I should start looking for an answer to this?
Thanks in advance.

PC Specs: Microcenter's PowerSpec with intel core i7 12 gen, 32 Gb RAM with a Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family controller and now an Aorus WiFi 6 AX200 wifi card. The router here at home is an ASUS RT-AX88U while in the office it was a dream machine.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue with different specs. So must be a windows configuration thing? Tried some tips from internet but nothing worked. Did you got it fixed?