70mm fan for CPU cooler

kasugatei

Usually my answer to that question would be Noctua, however unfortunately they don’t make 70mm fans. 

So, I got second hand HP Elitedesk which has Coolermaster (Delta) fan which is a bit noisy (I guess from the usage) so I would like to swap it. One option is to get exactly the same, but I am wondering if there is something better. 
I just need something quiet since I will use that PC as a firewall in my room and that it has PWM (4 pin) connector. 

Also, I don’t want to swap the whole CPU cooler because I don’t need performance and I don’t want to spend extra money. 

70mm fans are tricky to find.

but somehow i fail to believe that an elitedesk's cpu cooler is all that loud. either the fan's bearings are shot, or it's just the sound of air moving trough a very weirdly shaped case.

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

either the fan's bearings are shot,

That’s my suspicion. It has that grinding sound from time to time. 

Google gives me a few 70mm fan alternatives. For example StarTech FAN7X15TX3 or QNAP FAN-7CM-R01 (pwm).

I understand those are not sexy brands.

Aliexpress might be an option too.

You should check which kind of fan it is (pwm, dc, plug type). (it seems you've done that)

I'm willing to swim against the current.

16 hours ago, leclod said:

Google gives me a few 70mm fan alternatives

Google gave me several alternatives as well, however I am asking to get other people hands on experiences if possible because there are many options from China which should be avoided like plague. 

On 11/23/2022 at 4:47 PM, Niksa said:

Google gave me several alternatives as well, however I am asking to get other people hands on experiences if possible because there are many options from China which should be avoided like plague. 

put a smaller or bigger fan in... done small fans that push some air are loud.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 11/23/2022 at 2:54 AM, Niksa said:

Usually my answer to that question would be Noctua, however unfortunately they don’t make 70mm fans. 

So, I got second hand HP Elitedesk which has Coolermaster (Delta) fan which is a bit noisy (I guess from the usage) so I would like to swap it. One option is to get exactly the same, but I am wondering if there is something better. 
I just need something quiet since I will use that PC as a firewall in my room and that it has PWM (4 pin) connector. 

Also, I don’t want to swap the whole CPU cooler because I don’t need performance and I don’t want to spend extra money. 

Would this Gelid fan fit?  It's cheap, low db rating, hydro bearing.  I've never had the pleasure of using it, but the brand is reputable.  And it's Amazon, return it if it doesn't work.

Amazon.com: Gelid Solutions Silent 7 – 70mm Computer Fan, 3 Pin Molex, 70x70x15mm, Fan Speed: 2200RPM, Hydro Bearing, FN-SX07-22, Very Quiet, Noise Level 21.8 dBA, Color Black : Electronics

7 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

Would this Gelid fan fit?

It looked great until I noticed it was not PWM fan. Non PWM would work, but I prefer PWM ones. 

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

put a smaller or bigger fan in

I was thinking about it, but I am too lazy to think about the mounting it. There are some mounting adapters but they are expensive for what they are and I don’t know would bigger fans fit. Those pre built systems are not made in mind with having high compatibility with 3rd party accessories. 

10 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

Would this Gelid fan fit?  It's cheap, low db rating, hydro bearing.  I've never had the pleasure of using it, but the brand is reputable.  And it's Amazon, return it if it doesn't work.

Amazon.com: Gelid Solutions Silent 7 – 70mm Computer Fan, 3 Pin Molex, 70x70x15mm, Fan Speed: 2200RPM, Hydro Bearing, FN-SX07-22, Very Quiet, Noise Level 21.8 dBA, Color Black : Electronics

Gelid makes good stuff dont no about the smaller fans but love my 120mm fans.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links