Need mother board for amd build but dont want to go over price

Go to solution Solved by Ryuikko,

A 12100(f) would give you better performance in gaming, assuming that's what you're doing 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7HWhDc

Budget (including currency): $115

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have rtx 3060 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DannyV./saved/ZLXn6h

ok so this is my build i already bought the case, ram, power supply, and m.2. I'm going with a ryzen build because the stock cpu fan is decent enough for me to not spend extra money on a different cooling fan. I dont play any harcore games. OK so the problem is should I buy the motherboard in the link above or should i settle for a less as good mother board for a cheaper price. If I do what do I lose in the process for a cheaper mother board?

There's no reason to go with 3600 for a new build, at around $100, 12100F beats 3600, at around $120 might as well go with 5600.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

27 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

Budget (including currency): $115

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have rtx 3060 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DannyV./saved/ZLXn6h

ok so this is my build i already bought the case, ram, power supply, and m.2. I'm going with a ryzen build because the stock cpu fan is decent enough for me to not spend extra money on a different cooling fan. I dont play any harcore games. OK so the problem is should I buy the motherboard in the link above or should i settle for a less as good mother board for a cheaper price. If I do what do I lose in the process for a cheaper mother board?

Don't get that Rosewill arc PSU.  Some of the Rosewill units FSP makes are good, but that one isn't.  Either of these would be a far better purchase:

Deepcool DQ750-M-V2L 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (DP-GD-DQ750-M-V2L) - PCPartPicker

Super Flower Legion GX Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (SF- 650P14XE) - PCPartPicker

The complaint on cultists network about the early DQ750 should be resolved by now.  Any new units should be totally fine on 100v, so it should be an a-tier PSU.

If you can cancel or return that PSU, I would.  The Deepcool one I listed is on a $55 off promo code that ends today, and the superflower one is on a $5 off promo code that also ends today.

11 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

There's no reason to go with 3600 for a new build, at around $100, 12100F beats 3600, at around $120 might as well go with 5600.

If OP lives near a microcenter, the 5600 is $120 instore, and they have b450 boards with onboard wifi for $70, and they'll discount $20 for bundling in store, so you could walk out with a hyper threaded 6-core fast enough for any GPU with a wifi board for $170.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

17 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Don't get that Rosewill arc PSU.  Some of the Rosewill units FSP makes are good, but that one isn't.  Either of these would be a far better purchase:

Deepcool DQ750-M-V2L 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (DP-GD-DQ750-M-V2L) - PCPartPicker

Super Flower Legion GX Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (SF- 650P14XE) - PCPartPicker

The complaint on cultists network about the early DQ750 should be resolved by now.  Any new units should be totally fine on 100v, so it should be an a-tier PSU.

If you can cancel or return that PSU, I would.  The Deepcool one I listed is on a $55 off promo code that ends today, and the superflower one is on a $5 off promo code that also ends today.

If OP lives near a microcenter, the 5600 is $120 instore, and they have b450 boards with onboard wifi for $70, and they'll discount $20 for bundling in store, so you could walk out with a hyper threaded 6-core fast enough for any GPU with a wifi board for $170.

Thank you so much for the heads up! I'm going to cancel the power supply order for the deepcool one, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

thank you for the help! much appreciated 🙂

Just a heads up, that motherboard is one of the worst B660 board, it is fine for 12100F and 12400, but later down the road, if you go any higher than 12400, your performance would tank, as in the board won't be able to handle the CPU.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home