i7 11700k overheating

killbill_2

my build is a 11th gen i7 11700k 3.6ghz rog strix z590-e gaming wifi 32gb 3200 rgb corsair vengeance ram strix 3070ti cooling the cpu is a fractal lumen s24 rgb my drives run at 50% 60% usage. Sometimes my cpu doesn't run above 60c when i game sometimes it runs above 80c even at idle its a 50/50 chance even siting here typing this its idling at 50c and jumping at 80c and staying i need help to fix this I don't want to ruin the cpu everything i have isn't even a year old

PXL_20221118_222332966[1].jpg

after researching i notice turbo mode was on could this be the problem?

Are you sure there aren't any apps or updates running in the background that's causing the cpu to boost?

What are load temps? 80c is perfectly fine and operating within spec.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

yes I'm am sure nothing would be running or updating usually when it hit 80c when I'm in a game I would stop everything and it would stay at 80c and not cool down. I turned turbo mode off yesterday it was siting around 60 65c underload at idle I'm at 27c usually its 40c with turbo on and 50 to 60 underload idk what could be causing it to be at 80c when it does.

4 hours ago, killbill_2 said:

yes I'm am sure nothing would be running or updating usually when it hit 80c when I'm in a game I would stop everything and it would stay at 80c and not cool down. I turned turbo mode off yesterday it was siting around 60 65c underload at idle I'm at 27c usually its 40c with turbo on and 50 to 60 underload idk what could be causing it to be at 80c when it does.

80c is a very reasonable load temp and won't harm the cpu. Don't turn turbo boost off. 

Drives at 50% 60% usage indicate that the system isn't idling.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

sorry what i mean by  50 60%. of space used on the drives I usually use task manager to see what there doing armoury crate just shows how full they are

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

80c is a very reasonable load temp and won't harm the cpu. Don't turn turbo boost off. 

Drives at 50% 60% usage indicate that the system isn't idling.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, killbill_2 said:

armoury crate just shows how full they are

Is Armoury Crate normally running? That may be causing the cpu to not idle. 

What are the cooler fans and pump plugged into and what rpm are they at under load?

i never have crate open I only open to look at temps when i need to and lighting stuff when its not working the aio pump is max all the time at 4000 rpm and the fans hit 2100 rpm and aio pump are both plug onto the board 

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Is Armoury Crate normally running? That may be causing the cpu to not idle. 

What are the cooler fans and pump plugged into and what rpm are they at under load?