UHD Ultra wide / 43" 4k monitor for new 7900XT rig

redh4t

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my 8years PC to a new one and can't decide on a monitor to get.

Graphics card target 7900XT or 6950XT so AMD FreeSync would be a must.

I am still in a crossroads between 34" ultra wide UHD and 42±43" 4k monitor.

I am more an a MMO RPG/RPG or ARP games guy - thats why i'm targeting lower refresh rate monitors but with higher resolution.

Please help me decide by writing your experiences if you had any playing such type games on those types of displays!

If anyone can suggest something that are BIS of both types between 500±1000$/€ would be awesome!

I would prefer 120 Hz+, my room is kind a dark, not much sunlight at all so brightness isn't that important. 

Also curved screen for a ultra wide would be a priority (idk why, looks cool .. maybe)

P.S I have been crushing 2x27" 144 Hz monitors to date. Love it, but want to try something new. 

Thanks for any advice in advance! Cheers!

I’d go 4k 16:9. Ultra wide is great when the stuff works natively but that’s not always the case. 
If you have the room for a 42inch grab an oled and enjoy it

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Do you have any recommendations for 4k oled? I saw that there arent that many around, more like a TV ones which has some issues with PC inputs like sleep etc.

For 4k i was looking at AORUS FV43U Gaming

1 hour ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I’d go 4k 16:9. Ultra wide is great when the stuff works natively but that’s not always the case. 
If you have the room for a 42inch grab an oled and enjoy it

Thnx for an advice

P.S. I do not have space for 48", only 1m max 

So you could get that AW UW OLED monitor or one of those 42" 4K ones. Really depends on you. Personally I don't like either, be it uw or too large.

Also note games you play do they properly support uw too. Some will work fine lile WoW and Lost Ark supports it properly.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |