Pirating and general illegalness

thedomsaww

Edit: Came across a really cool story caled Tales of Kid Crimson https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/12744-Tales-Of-Kid-Crimson-Issue-1.  Now it is just a story to help build the verse's lore but there were a few things i found interesting.  One, the Kid has multiple id badges to fool planetary and docking securities.  If this is possible in game it would be of huge importance to our kind.  We could use these to be able to trade on and in UEE territories also to disguise our true identities in order to set up ambushes or to lure unsuspecting victims out of controlled space.   Also in the issue where he escaped from the advocacy agent The Kid dropped a EMP bomb right before making a jump.  This would also be a must have item in our arsenal as a last ditch effort of escape.

Just updated OP with a link to a good story and some ideas that could be taken from the story.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Edit:  Also i believe that all members of our branch (pirating /criminal) should be required to set their Org. affiliation to Redacted.  Blasting our Org. name all over our activities is most likely unwise and could have adverse affects on the other branches who need to operate inside the law.  I would also suggest that our High council seat and high ranking officials not listed publicly,  forcing outsiders to go through the proper channels and never knowing who gives the orders.  Last thing we need is for competing Orgs. to set high prices on the heads of our High ranking members rendering their character mostly useless in fear of being ambushed and killed.

Edited some thoughts on our branches high council seat as well as other high ranking officials.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

There won't be a pirate group, we'll be part of the mercenaries. 

There won't be a pirate group, we'll be part of the mercenaries. 

thats lame

thats lame

Blame @ixi_your_face. He did it so that he can say we were paid to do it, if we do something bad.

Blame @ixi_your_face. He did it so that he can say we were paid to do it, if we do something bad.

I understand but it would be helpfull as well as cool to have a council member specifically for illegal operations.  In our official ORG. description the Council reps. seat name would be Redacted as well as the Council reps. name.  Only the other council members would know who that person is.  Orders would come down the chain and never need to mention our council representatives name.

Edit:  and if all our branch was required to be redacted no heat would get back to the org.  Any members engaging in illegal activities without a redacted status would be subject to disciplinary action

One of the reasons I joined was because it was specifically stated that you can play any role you want from solder to pirate to explorer to trader. Just because piracy is "bad" doesn't mean we shouldn't have it. Thedomsaww's idea of having all piracy group members redacted is actually great it also makes sense. I think we should have it!

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

One of the reasons I joined was because it was specifically stated that you can play any role you want from solder to pirate to explorer to trader. Just because piracy is "bad" doesn't mean we shouldn't have it. Thedomsaww's idea of having all piracy group members redacted is actually great it also makes sense. I think we should have it!

The whole redacted idea wouldn't work, I'd like to show that I'm a member of the UOLTT (Although, I might have to redact it if my idea works and I end up controlling a criminal empire...), and other people would too. 

The whole redacted idea wouldn't work, I'd like to show that I'm a member of the UOLTT (Although, I might have to redact it if my idea works and I end up controlling a criminal empire...), and other people would too. 

@Jobobee i agree that I would want to take pride in my Org the UOLTT.  But i have a feeling that if we have any form of a successful piracy/criminal branch that it would give other legit branches a tough time.  One of the biggest advantages we would have is to work with our legit branches in order to get leads and targets to max our profit from piracy.  They might  be less inclined to feed us info if people are not dealing with them because a squadron of pirates emblazoned with the UOLTT logo come flying in after every transaction.

@Caito thanks man.

@Jobobee i agree that I would want to take pride in my Org the UOLTT.  But i have a feeling that if we have any form of a successful piracy/criminal branch that it would give other legit branches a tough time.  One of the biggest advantages we would have is to work with our legit branches in order to get leads and targets to max our profit from piracy.  They might  be less inclined to feed us info if people are not dealing with them because a squadron of pirates emblazoned with the UOLTT logo come flying in after every transaction.

@Caito thanks man.

True. But it would be a NIGHTMARE to make sure that all the pirating members are redacted.

Well that is why we need our own branch, so we can click on all the members of our branch to monitor their status and make it an Org. rule.  That if you are engaging in any illegal activities or a member of the piracy/ criminal branch you must have status set to redacted or there will be disciplinary action.  Ranging from fines all the way to expulsion.  I mean that is what makes having a criminal branch so exciting to me, being a part of a something underground and secretive.  Hearing other orgs talk about a group of Redacted pirates wiping out their mining fleet or merchant caravan.  Seeking revenge but not knowing who is to blame.  Our having our other org mates bring to our attention an Idris owned by a competing Org. who is out of bounds with little backup, and we swoop in to claim it right under the competing Orgs. noses.

Edit: Another fun story about a infamous pirate. https://robertsspace...ory-Kellars-Run

"No one knows where Dean Kellar came from. There are rumors, as there always are; some claim he was born in Terra, others say the slums of Angeli. Some say he came from a family of military pilots, to explain his aptitude in flight. Others surmise that his family must have been shippers, based on his keen knowledge of shipping practices. Still others think he was born on QuarterDeck, hence his violent temper. The man himself did little to validate any of the theories, generally acknowledging every origin presented to him as the truth."

editied OP with a new dispatch from RSI.  Pretty fun story.

EDIT: So big edit here.  As you may know other orgs. are mass inviting citizens to join their ranks.  What i request all my fellow UOLTT pirates to do is to join a couple of these (as affiliates clearly, also remember to Redact your UOLTT status) so we can begin to gather valuable intel on these orgs for raiding parties.  Because they are mass inviting i believe we can loiter around their sites and forums without getting noticed too much.  This way we will have a huge advantage upon the PU release.  As things get closer i may try to write our own Operation for a raid on one of these larger trade organizations.  If any of you has information on juicy targets post it in here for now tell i can figure out a more elegant solution. 

edited OP its self explanitory but lets talk about this.  Do you think its a good idea?  Do you have any Orgs in mind for a bit of espionage?

my quick thoughts on mercenaries (pirates):

pirate the pirates!!1

targeted piracy - yes

random unprovoked piracy - no

harassing ltt members, affilaites or allies and friends - no

also the merc/pirates art is coming soon ^^

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

my quick thoughts on mercenaries (pirates):

pirate the pirates!!1

targeted piracy - yes

random unprovoked piracy - no

harassing ltt members, affilaites or allies and friends - no

also the merc/pirates art is coming soon ^^

Yes obviously and members of LTT are off limits as well as affiliates allies or friends of LTT.  I think i will post an edit in OP to make sure this is known.  What i was thinking the general plan would be to target competing orgs merchant ships as well as supply and fuel ships.  Also this branch would still act as a organized branch of the LTT with orders from the HC.  Also in order to be successful pirates/ mercenaries it is very important to be organized and tactful.  Any potential targets should be called into commanding officer and either run up the ladder to a council member or similar and then given a go or no go order.  Once a Go order is confirmed a squadron or squadrons will be assigned with a commanding officer to immediately assist the pilot who spotted the target and then to engage.  Also i believe a bounty or reward in the form of extra cut of the booty :) will be given to the spotting pilot.  This way members as well as affiliates and allies will be encouraged to send us information.  I strongly believe that a branch that operates outside of UEE confines will not only be beneficial but necessary to take full advantage of the what SC has to offer.  Not just in terms of raids and military like actions but in terms of smuggling and obtaining items, weapons and ships that to a law abiding citizen would be impossible to obtain, thus giving us an advantage. 

updated Op with some rules etc.

EDIT: Id like to take this time to post some rules for us as pirates.  Think of them as the Code ;) Feel free to comment or add in the comments below.

1.Members of LTT are off limits

As well as affiliates, allies or friends of LTT.  Any unsanctioned action against these members will be met with swift disciplinary action.

2. Any potential targets should be called into commanding officer.

3. Commanding officer will run it up the ladder to a council member or similar who will then give a go or no go order.

If no other ranking official is available highest ranking member will make the call.

4. Once a Go order is confirmed a squadron or squadrons will be assigned with a commanding officer to immediately assist the pilot or pilots who spotted the target.

5.  If a No Go order is given it is to be strictly followed.  

Any continued action against target will be met with swift disciplinary action.

6. A bounty or reward in the form of extra cut of the booty  :) will be given to the spotting pilot or pilots.

7. All pilots engaging in pirate or other illegal activities (i.e. smuggling, etc.) must set Org status to redacted in order to avoid negative reputation points for the Org.  Unless instructed otherwise only by order of the High Council.

Failure to do so will be met with swift disciplinary action.

Break down of rank shall be determined at a later date and is up for discussion.

1.Members of LTT are off limits

As well as affiliates, allies or friends of LTT.  Any unsanctioned action against these members will be met with swift disciplinary action.

I agree with this, but it could prove hard to know if the potential victim is an affiliate, allie or friend

2. Any potential targets should be called into commanding officer.

3. Commanding officer will run it up the ladder to a council member or similar who will then give a go or no go order.

If no other ranking official is available highest ranking member will make the call.

This makes sense for major and planned piracy, but would prevent alot of small heists where you are in the right place at the right time.

Just my 2c. I like the idea of the redacted piracy members

I agree with this, but it could prove hard to know if the potential victim is an affiliate, allie or friend

This makes sense for major and planned piracy, but would prevent alot of small heists where you are in the right place at the right time.

Just my 2c. I like the idea of the redacted piracy members

Well my thought for requiring members to call in potential targets was because i want our pirates to have a deadly reputation of always attacking with superior firepower.  However calling in a target is pretty simple as we will have dedicated channels in voice and also can chat in game.  If target is time sensitive and no backup is within range a Go order can still be given.  As far as affiliates or allies or friends, i agree this could be difficult to discern but also we are still not sure how these will be called out in game. However it is also a reason targets are to be called in.  If it proves to difficult to identify allied org members and affiliates we will have to rethink the policy.

• 1 month later...

So the forum has been slow lately as im sure everyone is playing AC.  So id like to post a question for us Pirates.  After experiencing dog fighting in swarm and the few who have experienced MP how effective do you think we can be?  Is attacking other players or NPC's a viable strategy?  

My thoughts are that a solo pirate cannot expect to make any sort of profit by attacking players.  Dog fighting at least right now is too dangerous even if you do destroy the target any would be profit would be spent repairing your ship.  However if as a solo pilot you are flying a ship with superior firepower and shielding compared to you target then it may just be a option.  But only just.  The best strategy would def be teaming up in small to med groups or raids to overwhelm a target without sustaining much damage.

Solo pirates should there for focus on smuggling and black market trade, heck even slaving, where small crafts would excel.

Also all of us should become experts in the Store all and all its features.  We will need to know what we can hide and how to hide it as well as what we can salvage from ships we attack.  Here is a Galactic Guide on Store all that can be helpful. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13953-Galactic-Guide-Stor-All

Also another good read is https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13981-The-First-Run-Episode-Eleven where a courier has an exciting run in with pirates and smugglers.

Also what do you all think about us being called the UOLTT Privateers instead of Pirates.

Def:

privateer or "corsair" was a private person or ship authorized by a government by letters of marque to attack foreign vessels during wartime. Privateering was a way of mobilizing armed ships and sailors without having to spend treasury resources or commit naval officers. They were of great benefit to a smaller naval power or one facing an enemy dependent on trade: they disrupted commerce and pressured the enemy to deploy warships to protect merchant trade against commerce raiders. The cost was borne by investors hoping to profit from prize money earned from captured cargo and vessels. The proceeds would be distributed among the privateer's investors, officers, and crew.

Same general goal but just sounds a bit more refined and legit.  We are not a bunch of stem users but an organized group of raiders and smugglers who specialize in less than legal opportunities and are for hire.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump 

Also what do you all think about us being called the UOLTT Privateers instead of Pirates.

Def:

privateer or "corsair" was a private person or ship authorized by a government by letters of marque to attack foreign vessels during wartime. Privateering was a way of mobilizing armed ships and sailors without having to spend treasury resources or commit naval officers. They were of great benefit to a smaller naval power or one facing an enemy dependent on trade: they disrupted commerce and pressured the enemy to deploy warships to protect merchant trade against commerce raiders. The cost was borne by investors hoping to profit from prize money earned from captured cargo and vessels. The proceeds would be distributed among the privateer's investors, officers, and crew.

Same general goal but just sounds a bit more refined and legit.  We are not a bunch of stem users but an organized group of raiders and smugglers who specialize in less than legal opportunities and are for hire.

So the forum has been slow lately as im sure everyone is playing AC.  So id like to post a question for us Pirates.  After experiencing dog fighting in swarm and the few who have experienced MP how effective do you think we can be?  Is attacking other players or NPC's a viable strategy?  

My thoughts are that a solo pirate cannot expect to make any sort of profit by attacking players.  Dog fighting at least right now is too dangerous even if you do destroy the target any would be profit would be spent repairing your ship.  However if as a solo pilot you are flying a ship with superior firepower and shielding compared to you target then it may just be a option.  But only just.  The best strategy would def be teaming up in small to med groups or raids to overwhelm a target without sustaining much damage.

Solo pirates should there for focus on smuggling and black market trade, heck even slaving, where small crafts would excel.

Also all of us should become experts in the Store all and all its features.  We will need to know what we can hide and how to hide it as well as what we can salvage from ships we attack.  Here is a Galactic Guide on Store all that can be helpful. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13953-Galactic-Guide-Stor-All

Also another good read is https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13981-The-First-Run-Episode-Eleven where a courier has an exciting run in with pirates and smugglers.

• 3 weeks later...

edited op with 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/14087-Observist-Dark-Spider-Cathcart

This is written like a travel blog about the cathcart system and the pyro station. very interesting.

I understand but it would be helpfull as well as cool to have a council member specifically for illegal operations.  In our official ORG. description the Council reps. seat name would be Redacted as well as the Council reps. name.  Only the other council members would know who that person is.  Orders would come down the chain and never need to mention our council representatives name.

Edit:  and if all our branch was required to be redacted no heat would get back to the org.  Any members engaging in illegal activities without a redacted status would be subject to disciplinary action

Black Ops via the Military Arm of our group springs to mind with Deniable Plausibility etc etc. Shadow operations within the organisation etc etc and all that sneaky stuff.

Top 3 know about the secret pirate organisation and the managing director of the pirate's has general free reign with our top 3 high council acting as regulator's so shit doesn't get TOO out of hand. Yet if anything compromises them, any affiliation with LTT is denied and they are on their own with repercussions.

What do ya think ? 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530