Pirating and general illegalness

thedomsaww

Well Not officially cuz the org as a whole has not designated any heads or leaders of any branch yet.  But i am looking for a leadership role, part of the reason i started this thread.

Aite np, hope by the time this game's out i can help contribute to our pirate regime in a leadership role :)

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I think if you have read the thread you would understand that we are not interested in trolling or griefing.  We are just interested in the outlaw dynamics of the PU.  I think going against the UEE and trying to smuggle illegal cargo or setting up raids on cargo haulers in UEE controlled space adds an excitement level to the PU that following the letter of the law cannot provide.  Another goal we have is to provide hard to find and discounted items to our org members by obtaining these parts in less than reputable ways. I have made it very clear that running around blowing up ships just to blow you up is not our mission.  We are as much a for profit wing of this org as any other members.  So if someone has a big valuable ship or valuable cargo you should be worried, but if your just Joe Blow in an aurora running small time delivery missions you probably wont have to worry about us.

I read the thread...

Anyways, the way you made it sound is that you will be a band of pirates going around killing other players and stealing their shit. Eve Online has tons of trolls and it's easy to draw comparisons between the 2 games.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I read the thread...

Anyways, the way you made it sound is that you will be a band of pirates going around killing other players and stealing their shit. Eve Online has tons of trolls and it's easy to draw comparisons between the 2 games.

I mean ya that is def a part of pirating, killing players and taking their shit.  But it also includes killing NPC's or NPC's doing missions for players.  It also means smuggling and dealing in illegal cargo.  What i was trying to say is that we have no intentions of killing people just to kill them.  As i pirate you need to balance risk vs. reward.  Is the risk of raising your bounty/ wanted level worth what this person has for you to steal?  In most cases it will not be worth it.  I have also played a bit of eve and have experienced the "pirates" you speak of, who's only goal is just to kill you.  But there is def a vital part of the strategy and economy in eve that has players pray upon high value targets with valuable cargo or just valuable ships.

I assure you that we as pirates of the UOLTT will not be grieving or trolling by killing any players at random.  

I also find it ironic that you come to a thread clearly labeled as pirating and illegalness in order to troll us about trolling.

I respect that you are not interested in this area of the game, but we are so please respect that.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I mean ya that is def a part of pirating, killing players and taking their shit.  But it also includes killing NPC's or NPC's doing missions for players.  It also means smuggling and dealing in illegal cargo.  What i was trying to say is that we have no intentions of killing people just to kill them.  As i pirate you need to balance risk vs. reward.  Is the risk of raising your bounty/ wanted level worth what this person has for you to steal?  In most cases it will not be worth it.  I have also played a bit of eve and have experienced the "pirates" you speak of, who's only goal is just to kill you.  But there is def a vital part of the strategy and economy in eve that has players pray upon high value targets with valuable cargo or just valuable ships.

I assure you that we as pirates of the UOLTT will not be grieving or trolling by killing any players at random.  

I also find it ironic that you come to a thread clearly labeled as pirating and illegalness in order to troll us about trolling.

I respect that you are not interested in this area of the game, but we are so please respect that.

How is it fun to steal from other players in the game?

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

How is it fun to steal from other players in the game?

For the same reason its fun to post how stupid a topic is in a thread dedicated to that topic

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

For the same reason its fun to post how stupid a topic is in a thread dedicated to that topic

That makes no sense.

Posting in a thread about a problem with people being dicks in a game is not fun. And it's not comparable to being a dick in a game.

Posting in a thread about a problem with people being dicks in a game is not fun. And it's not comparable to being a dick in a game.

I dont really understand why you are worried as a LTT member you wont have to worry about us.  But what you think is fun may not be fun to me and vice versa.  I respect that and so should you.  

But ill try to explain why i want to be a pirate.  Its not to grief or troll.  I am excited to play against the UEE and experience the more "colorful" parts of SC.  It to role play as a rebel and an outsider who is fighting the "man".  Its to have players and NPC's try to hunt me down while i try to evade them.  Its to try and smuggle something or someone into a place that doesn't allow that.  Its to figure out how to take down a larger more capable target using wit and strategy.

I am not interested in doing generic take this from here to there missions or mindlessly mining asteroids till my cargo hold is full then taking it from here to there.

I hope this helps you understand where i am coming from.  I am interested in the game play aspects of being a pirate not just in being a dick.

I dont really understand why you are worried as a LTT member you wont have to worry about us.  But what you think is fun may not be fun to me and vice versa.  I respect that and so should you.  

But ill try to explain why i want to be a pirate.  Its not to grief or troll.  I am excited to play against the UEE and experience the more "colorful" parts of SC.  It to role play as a rebel and an outsider who is fighting the "man".  Its to have players and NPC's try to hunt me down while i try to evade them.  Its to try and smuggle something or someone into a place that doesn't allow that.  Its to figure out how to take down a larger more capable target using wit and strategy.

I am not interested in doing generic take this from here to there missions or mindlessly mining asteroids till my cargo hold is full then taking it from here to there.

I hope this helps you understand where i am coming from.  I am interested in the game play aspects of being a pirate not just in being a dick.

making the game miserable for other people is not just a different way to enjoy the game, it's a bad way to enjoy the game. You're going to piss off a lot of people by killing them and taking their stuff. That's not a legitimate way to play a game.

making the game miserable for other people is not just a different way to enjoy the game, it's a bad way to enjoy the game. You're going to piss off a lot of people by killing them and taking their stuff. That's not a legitimate way to play a game.

thats your opinion

this

post-77111-0-36335900-1408730131.jpg

Not everyone who plays a pirate in a video game which allows such play (Eve Online) is doing it to be a dick.  It's a valid playstyle and fosters competition.  It's a lot more fun when it's people vs people rather than getting a bunch of people together and 'competing' against dumb AI.

Though there are certainly exceptions, I don't think most people set out to be dicks.  I was a -10 pirate/Merc in Eve for several years and it was never about ruining someone's day, at least for the corps/alliances I was in.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

@threadysparrow If you think for one second that you will come into this game and not get killed then this ain't the game for you man. I'm telling you, you will be killed and that's part of the game. If you have a super rare item people will want it. If you are the owner of a big factory people will try to take it from you. If you have an awesome ship people will try and steal it. Its how it works you know. Doesn't mean people are dicks for playing the game, it's part of real life and since SC tries to be quite realistic it's part of the game too.

You can combat that of course. They kill you? Put a bounty on their head! They steal your ship? You better have insurance. You got a super rare item? Hire some body guards to keep pirates away while you transport it. But coming in here calling people trolls and griefers ain't fair you know.

If you aren't interested that's fine with us. We won't target you since we are in the same organisation. But don't come in here talking shit about people cause that makes you no worse than the trolls you are so against.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Thank you guys for speaking up I was doing my best to explain this to him

Thank you guys for speaking up I was doing my best to explain this to him

You're welcome! Let's hope he understands what we're all about. :)

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

@threadysparrow If you think for one second that you will come into this game and not get killed then this ain't the game for you man. I'm telling you, you will be killed and that's part of the game. If you have a super rare item people will want it. If you are the owner of a big factory people will try to take it from you. If you have an awesome ship people will try and steal it. Its how it works you know. Doesn't mean people are dicks for playing the game, it's part of real life and since SC tries to be quite realistic it's part of the game too.

You can combat that of course. They kill you? Put a bounty on their head! They steal your ship? You better have insurance. You got a super rare item? Hire some body guards to keep pirates away while you transport it. But coming in here calling people trolls and griefers ain't fair you know.

If you aren't interested that's fine with us. We won't target you since we are in the same organisation. But don't come in here talking shit about people cause that makes you no worse than the trolls you are so against.

That sounds really dumb. I work hard for an item and it just gets stolen? Not interested.

That sounds really dumb. I work hard for an item and it just gets stolen? Not interested.

lol im glad you have a good grasp on this game lol

Well at this point I am pretty convinced that you are trolling. So I suggest that you don't play this game as it doesn't seem like something for you. I also request that if you don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation then please don't. Otherwise I wish you the best. Have a good day!  :)

Well at this point I am pretty convinced that you are trolling. So I suggest that you don't play this game as it doesn't seem like something for you. I also request that if you don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation then please don't. Otherwise I wish you the best. Have a good day!  :)

I'm posting my opinion about the pirating. And if you think it's trolling to give an opinion in this manner then you got probz.

I'm posting my opinion about the pirating. And if you think it's trolling to give an opinion in this manner then you got probz.

It's not that you are giving your opinion. It's just that you are giving the same opinion over and over again without adding anything new to the conversation.

In Eve whenever I was transporting valuable items, it made it more exciting for me that I could be taken out on the way.  It made me consider my ship and route.  It made a need to scout ahead and make friends.  Really it just added more "play" to the gameplay for me. 

I understand each to their own.  It is up to us as consumers to be knowledgeable about what we're going to be playing, and if it isn't what we're looking for move along while having respect for those that do enjoy that gameplay.

but then again what am i thinking, this is the internet and we just tell each other to fuck off :( 

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Okay your opinion has been heard. Thanks for stopping by

It's not that you are giving your opinion. It's just that you are giving the same opinion over and over again without adding anything new to the conversation.

And what am I supposed to add? He was trying to convince me that it was fun and I repeatedly told him why I think it's a bad way to play the game.

Let's break it down. From what I understand your biggest problem is that people will constantly kill you and that will make the game not enjoyable for you, am I correct? If so here are some tips on how not to get killed all the time. The first thing you can do is not paint a target on your back, stay low don't bring too much attention to yourself. Stay in UEE controlled areas of space, where crime is very low or non-existent. If you want to travel further out into space in more lawless regions hire a few bodyguards, doesn't have to be Players they can be NPC's, that way you will scare off pirates and such. If you are transporting valuable items, again hire protection. You cannot expect that you will be able to safely transport rare cargo without people trying to steal it. Do you see valuable objects in real life transported without any protection? No you don't. Onto the part of griefing, it isn't possible. One person is not able to repetitively kill you over and over again, because when you die you will spawn in some other part of the galaxy and it will be really hard for him to track you down. And again you can prevent that from happening. Not only will the person be a wanted man by the advocacy (police) but you can take matters into your own hands and send people after him. So I don't really see a problem with being a pirate.

And what am I supposed to add? He was trying to convince me that it was fun and I repeatedly told him why I think it's a bad way to play the game.

Yeah and he as well as I think that we are making some pretty convincing arguments. Arguments that are based on facts. If it is hard for you to understand us then I'm not sure what I can do about you.