What do I do with my life now?

slenderman379

So I finish my bachelors degree in engineering(electronics and telecom major) this year..

I think I wanna study further like a p.g. in same field.

I need to find good universities in another country like the US or in Europe or something..

I have read what the websites have to say about universities that are there.. but I always find myself questioning their credibilities..

I have a 320 score in my GRE and also decent scholarship..

But I dont wanna do my masters in India(where I currently live)

I hope that some good experienced person stumbles onto this post and suggests some good alternatives for me...

I'm open to all kinds of suggestions.. but please for the love of god no bullshit troll comments please.

Sorry dude, i can't help you. 

You know Reddit? check reddit.com/r/findapath it is a pretty good sub reddit for this kind of stuf!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

If you finish this summer you are probaly already too late for many european universities to apply for the winter term ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I know the kinda info that a webpage will give me..

I need an actual students take on the thing.. like what does he think I must do next... someone who has done this and knows what kicks ass.. and what just has a great name but no actual value..

Also unspecified data..

I dream of one day ending up in a R&D lab making some awesome peice of tech that some guy like linus(hopefully linus himself) ill be reviewing and criticizing

This year means that I will apply for next years admissions

Universites here give you the actual degree after like august.

Till then I have a job with *anonymous for reasons* company which i will quit once I leave for post grad studies.

If you finish this summer you are probaly already too late for many european universities to apply for the winter term ...

So I finish my bachelors degree in engineering(electronics and telecom major) this year..

I think I wanna study further like a p.g. in same field.

I need to find good universities in another country like the US or in Europe or something..

I have read what the websites have to say about universities that are there.. but I always find myself questioning their credibilities..

I have a 320 score in my GRE and also decent scholarship..

But I dont wanna do my masters in India(where I currently live)

I hope that some good experienced person stumbles onto this post and suggests some good alternatives for me...

I'm open to all kinds of suggestions.. but please for the love of god no bullshit troll comments please.

First of all, congratulations (soon) on your BA Degree. That's a great thing to have under your belt.

I say do exactly what you recommended for yourself.. Go to a University in America. Or Europe, but since I'm in the USA I don't know much about any of Europe's University credibility. Though, I do know they have great well known, reputable ones. Isn't Carnegie Melon somewhere there?

Anyways, USA definitely is known for a lot of its schools.. The likes of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Georgetown, etcetc. I say go to the one that most closely focuses on your field. Nobody can/should recommend a particular school for you, because you should feel very comfortable there and check it our for yourself. One is not better than the other just because it might have better reviews. For example, Harvard is probably the most reputable and hardest to get in in all of America. But it's focus is being a Law School (hence the name), therefore I don't feel any Tech-related degrees would benefit as much at this school as they would at another.

So the choice is yours. Do your research. Around the world India doesn't seem to be known for its Universities. All I can say is, I do agree you should check out schools overseas, as far as which particular one.. Should be solely up to you & your degree.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

do what you want dude, I dont mean go to parties and take drugs all night.  But I mean do what you want with your life, we cant decide for you.  I know someone who has had the same job for 50 years!  he is so grumpy and he hates it, he does it anyways.  Its important to live life to the fullest and make every day worth it, for an example.  I have a thing going where every day I have to do a random act of kindness to someone, you could have one where you learn a new thing every day.  

If you want to study go study, if you cant find a uni I recommend talking to others in the same subject as you.  I guess different unis are good in different things so its important to find one good in what you want to do.  

First of all, congratulations (soon) on your BA Degree. That's a great thing to have under your belt.

I say do exactly what you recommended for yourself.. Go to a University in America. Or Europe, but since I'm in the USA I don't know much about any of Europe's University credibility. Though, I do know they have great well known, reputable ones. Isn't Carnegie Melon somewhere there?

Anyways, USA definitely is known for a lot of its schools.. The likes of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Georgetown, etcetc. I say go to the one that most closely focuses on your field. Nobody can/should recommend a particular school for you, because you should feel very comfortable there and check it our for yourself. One is not better than the other just because it might have better reviews. For example, Harvard is probably the most reputable and hardest to get in in all of America. But it's focus is being a Law School (hence the name), therefore I don't feel any Tech-related degrees would benefit as much at this school as they would at another.

So the choice is yours. Do your research. Around the world India doesn't seem to be known for its Universities. All I can say is, I do agree you should check out schools overseas, as far as which particular one.. Should be solely up to you & your degree.

Thanks this helps a bit..

But does mot actually end up solving the ultimate issue I am facing..

I'm trying to get a students point of view feedback from someone who has been in this position previously.

Thanks this helps a bit..

But does mot actually end up solving the ultimate issue I am facing..

I'm trying to get a students point of view feedback from someone who has been in this position previously.

You must not have fully understood my point then..

Even if you got 23497 students' point of views on a particular school or who have been in this position, it wouldn't shouldn't be of any help to you.. Your particular degree is a big deciding factor. On top of that, people would only give you opinions, which you probably may not agree with until you experience it yourself. Go check them out yourself, in person, to see if a particular school is right for you.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

do what you want dude, I dont mean go to parties and take drugs all night.  But I mean do what you want with your life, we cant decide for you.  I know someone who has had the same job for 50 years!  he is so grumpy and he hates it, he does it anyways.  Its important to live life to the fullest and make every day worth it, for an example.  I have a thing going where every day I have to do a random act of kindness to someone, you could have one where you learn a new thing every day.  

If you want to study go study, if you cant find a uni I recommend talking to others in the same subject as you.  I guess different unis are good in different things so its important to find one good in what you want to do.

Maybe the title kinda misleading..

This is not a depressed kid's cry for help.

Thanks for thw input anyways

Maybe the title kinda misleading..

This is not a depressed kid's cry for help.

Thanks for thw input anyways

oh sorry and your welcome.  I thought it was, sorry.