Thoughts on Prusa i3 MK3S+?

Simple Jack

Hello everyone.

What are your thoughts on the Prusa i3 MK3S+? I'm getting my bonus soon and am considering getting myself a nice 3D printer to print as a fun hobby. How good is it as a printer? What has been your experience with it if you have one? Please and thank you for all your answers!

FWIW:

I decided to get into 3d printing using an FDM printer, only after I"d gotten into 3d resin printing. Not sure an FDM printer was for me, I bought the cheapest thing I oculd find online (new)

a 50$ Tronxy X1. 

I freaking love it. Yeah, I had to put it together, and the instructions were kinda naff, but the ability to print out your own upgrades was damned cool.

The quality of the prints continue to stun me (I use eSun and PrintBed filament without issue) and that's with very little tinkering to get the settings right.

It's not been plagued by any of the common FDM woes that are legion online. I've had one failed print, and that was a bed separation. Beyond that, I love it more than my resin printer (Elegoo Mars 3)

Having said all of that to say this:

That Prusa i3 has got to blow the doors off my Tronxy X1 (and for 1000$ it had better) so I really don't think you'll go wrong buying it. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 11/8/2022 at 1:41 AM, Simple Jack said:

Hello everyone.

What are your thoughts on the Prusa i3 MK3S+? I'm getting my bonus soon and am considering getting myself a nice 3D printer to print as a fun hobby. How good is it as a printer? What has been your experience with it if you have one? Please and thank you for all your answers!

I had a positive experience with the machine.