Qualcomm's Insane Keynote Presentation

R3SISTOR

//// Here is a link to the Verge article.

Why does this happen? How does this happen? Who writes this? Who approves this? Most importantly, who thinks this is actually funny or cute or even appropriate? Why do these presentations, when they are so flagrantly over the top, seem so out of touch of reality?

I understand the angle they are coming from in this style of presentation, or at least I think and hope I do, I believe it is supposed to be exaggerated and maybe even a parody "mobile users" of today. My problem is that I really find it hard to understand who exactly they are selling to in this mode of advertising? It isn't us, the savvy consumers and gamers, is it? Does this kind of thing really pique the interest of investors? It is just so gimmicky-over the top-covered in cheese it is unbelievable.

I'm not really an advocate or fan of Apple or their products but I have to say one thing, their keynotes and presentations are a little dry and stale but at least they are keeping it classy and for the most part to the point without resorting to gimmicky charades. I really don't see the need for some obnoxious actor to come onto the stage and start shouting things like "I JUST PWN3D HALF OF EUROPE BACKSTAGE, ALL THANKS TO MY NEW DEVICE POWERED BY QUALCOMM INGENUITY!".

What do you guys think of these presentations? I just don't even.

Haha, what the hell are they playing it. I thought that room was full of professionals. What IS their target audience?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Haha' date=' what the hell are they playing it. I thought that room was full of professionals. What IS their target audience?[/quote']

I fully understand that this is CES, as in, CONSUMER Electronics Show, but I still believe that it should be a lot less whacky than this, in my opinion it is ridiculous.

LMAO, everything about that was so uncomfortably awkward

That was so wrong in so many levels.. I don't even.

What the actual fAck.....

The Maroon 5 part was just so bad that I went to go take a dump to calm myself and pray that Qualcomm actually has their poop together and haven't lost their marbles.

Lol who does Qualcomm think we are? Worst presentation I've ever seen.

Wow...

At first, reading these comments, I thought it wouldn't be THAT bad.

It is, especially the first part. What the hell...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

sadly crappy presentations like these are par for the course in marketing/business classes. I'm guilty of doing bad cheesy presentations myself. lets see, I was a mafia hit man, spandex wearing tony little health freak, circus animal trainer and a moustachioed guitar wielding latin pick up artist mixed meets Night at the Roxbury techno head bobbing moron (this one was my favorite because I was able to run around the room and mack on all the hot girls I was scared to death to talk to) .... there are a bunch more that I'd rather suppress now and let a shrink earn a paycheck from later...

I think I used the cheese as a shield, if I had to go up in front of my class and make a fool of myself I'll be the biggest fool of them all. I guess it is scary being yourself up there so I would use a disguise, or I'll hide behind all this cheese on stage. because of this, I can really empathize with that nerd in the crappy feathers because that would be me hiding behind the feathers up on that stage because I was too afraid to be me.

however, a presentation like that doesn't come from one but a committee, a committee of spineless yes men, too afraid to say no sir I think that is a bad idea. no sir, that is in poor taste.

Haha the beginning reminds of that episode of south park when they have the no smoking campaign at school.

How do they find so many ppl to take in part in something so terrible. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry.

I did both!

I don't think Qualcomm knows the difference between the people who buy their products, and people who buy their products and actually know what is inside of it. (You know, the majority of the people that will be watching the presentation.)

"No signature"

Haha it's so bad, but I'm excited to see the performance of the Snapdragon 800. They showed it like the S4 Pro was a baby compared to it, and the S4 Pro isn't a dinky little CPU.

Haha it's so bad, but I'm excited to see the performance of the Snapdragon 800. They showed it like the S4 Pro was a baby compared to it, and the S4 Pro isn't a dinky little CPU.
I agree with you fully hobo, it isn't like Qualcomm doesn't make good products, I just think they really need to reassess their market strategies, this kind of presentation was just awful.

Anyone else realize that they completely forgot about qualcomm as a company until they do something ridiculous like this?

Seems to me this was almost intended, i mean big bird? rolls royce? ballmer?

I'm thinking fishy business tactics here.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Anyone else realize that they completely forgot about qualcomm as a company until they do something ridiculous like this?

Publicity stunt, you think? It is possible I guess.

only explanation I can think of,a company that huge and successful doesn't just lose their shit that fast
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552