DIY gpu support , is it dangerous or have any down sides??

FoxyZey

Does this pose any danger to the gpu?? Its a black thick screw with nuts tied to it around 10 and a black tape to give it the same look as the pc. I tried shaking the gpu after using it and its still! Good DIY? 

IMG20221102160815.jpg

I don't see what could be wrong with it. A little ugly maybe. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The only important thing is that it works and it doesn't present a hazard to the other components in the computer. And as they say, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

1 minute ago, Thomas4 said:

The only important thing is that it works and it doesn't present a hazard to the other components in the computer. And as they say, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Funny story , a brace is 600 pounds where i live , paid 9 pounds for that LMAO.

As long as you don't raise the gpu so far that you twist the board pretty much anything will work as a brace. Alot of people on etsy 3d print braces to sell. Here's and example.

Anti GPU Sag Adjustable Graphics Card Support Brace Stand With - Etsy

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 hour ago, Thomas4 said:

Still ugly 😂

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

1 hour ago, BotDamian said:

Still ugly 😂

Bro i know dont break my heart like that 😂 

You can always hide it in a rolled up paper tube or place it in a plastic tube, if its that bothersome.

But I do have a question, why are you taking all that time to keep looking into the computer instead of what's on your screen?

Just now, Thomas4 said:

You can always hide it in a rolled up paper tube or place it in a plastic tube, if its that bothersome.

But I do have a question, why are you taking all that time to keep looking into the computer instead of what's on your screen?

I don't really its just that i heard about gpu sag and all and noticed my gpu was sagging and its brand new (but heavy). So i made this. Now i am reassured lol

My reply was not really intended for you personally but was meant to more of a general query,

I have no idea as to what my computer looks like inside since I placed in on the floor under my desk ears ago, the only times its ever  off the floor is when i clean it or when it needs to be moved for other purposes, No RGB, no flashing laser lights, no aftermarket pretty looking cables, just enough cable management so that they don't completely block airflow. It does however have a glass side panel, which due to necessary room placement, is against the wall. 

Pretty? Who cares, the only times I ever see it is when in the bottom I walk into the room itself and turn to walk in its direction.

Are you sure it was sagging?  it kinda looks like it's sagging in the other direction now...

and, no, this is not safe whatsoever,  use plastic, something thats not conductive... anything,  just not metal... big no no

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity