How often do GPU's sag ?

Go to solution Solved by Mick Naughty,

Well theres actual board sag from poor design and just sagging from weight and lack of support. Millions of fixes for either. 

I just bought a rtx 3070 asus TUF for my h510m-s2h gigabyte MB and i asked the shop owner if the GPU could sag because its like 3 fans and heavy and stuff he said that the heatsink on that card is rather small as well as the pipes so the card isn't even that heavy. a 2 fan 3060 ti gaming x is heavier. Got the card and got back home. but i am still worried about sagging. Brackets where i live cost a lot and i already paid a lot for the card on it's own. Any ideas ?

Basically always. Any dual slot dual fan gpu thats a bit longer than an atx board ive seen in the past decade has sagged. Of course with exceptions but basically I have been installing either a cheap 3d print support pole or tying some fishing wire to the top of the case and a part of the gpu.

Oh and btw sagging brackets dont work they also sag :p. You need something that either sits properly on a solid part of the case (if you have some lego then well build a stand) or you tie the gpu up to the top of the case.

Sagging with GPU's is pretty common with the larger ones, you can get support brackets which stops this from happening. These can be fitted onto the back of the case or a support shelf that goes under the gpu and props it up.

Fwiw, a 3070 asus TUF probably would sag over time, seems to be reports of it happening online.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

Every modern mid to high end GPU will sag, just because they have significant weight. That being said, sag normally isn't a problem other than that it looks bad.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 minutes ago, solado said:

Sagging with GPU's is pretty common with the larger ones, you can get support brackets which stops this from happening. These can be fitted onto the back of the case or a support shelf that goes under the gpu and props it up.

Fwiw, a 3070 asus TUF probably would sag over time, seems to be reports of it happening online.

Welp looks like i will try to save up for a year or so to get it. hope it doesn't get really bad during that time. i also saw bad reports of the gaming x trio and the gigabyte aorus sagging pretty badly as well. Guess it's more common than i thought

57 minutes ago, FoxyZey said:

Any ideas ?

You could always put your PC horizontally instead of vertically...

Just now, FoxyZey said:

Welp looks like i will try to save up for a year or so to get it. hope it doesn't get really bad during that time. i also saw bad reports of the gaming x trio and the gigabyte aorus sagging pretty badly as well. Guess it's more common than i thought

I don't know where you live but you can pick up anti-sag brackets for £6 ( $7) on eBay

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

Just now, solado said:

I don't know where you live but you can pick up anti-sag brackets for £6 ( $7) on eBay

Where i live these things are quite expensive. around 50$ or more.

from my experience having water cooled cards and it being linked up with the cpu waterblock made my now almost 9 year old GPU not sag, but it is a far more expensive solution compared to those 7$ brackets XD

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

Well theres actual board sag from poor design and just sagging from weight and lack of support. Millions of fixes for either. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I actually ended up doing that

don't know how safe this is but it seems to have got the job done. Its custom DIY i made it from a thick screw and nuts around it and some black tape , ugly but works. Is it good enough?

IMG20221102160815.jpg

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

Basically always. Any dual slot dual fan gpu thats a bit longer than an atx board ive seen in the past decade has sagged. Of course with exceptions but basically I have been installing either a cheap 3d print support pole or tying some fishing wire to the top of the case and a part of the gpu.

Oh and btw sagging brackets dont work they also sag :p. You need something that either sits properly on a solid part of the case (if you have some lego then well build a stand) or you tie the gpu up to the top of the case.

I replied to this post with a solution i made myself. Tell me what you think about it!!

2 hours ago, FoxyZey said:

I replied to this post with a solution i made myself. Tell me what you think about it!!

Its fine as long as it wont slip and the metal doesnt come in contact with any electrical parts.