[BGR] Time Warner Cable: "Our network is just as good as Google Fiber"

TopWargamer

Source: http://bgr.com/2014/04/30/twc-vs-google-fiber/

In an apparent attempt to enrage even more disgruntled subscriber, Time Warner CableCTO Mike Lajoie reportedly compared his company’s service with Google FiberDSL Reports writes that Google Fiber was a major topic of conversation at The Cable Show in Los Angeles this week, drawing the attention of the cable executives that had gathered for the event. Some cable companies are clearly aware of the threat of Google Fiber, but TWC doesn’t appear to be concerned.

Google Fiber “is certainly a worthy competitor, if they’re going to overbuild us,” said Lajoie, but they offer “nothing dramatically different” than what TWC can bring to bear. “Their product works. Our product works just as well.”

Ya um...no. I've never had to deal with TWC's crap, and I'm glad that I've never had to, but I know blatant bullshizzlenizzle when I see it. Google Fiber is cheap, gives you gigabit speeds (1,000 download, 1,000 upload), has no data caps, better customer support, better reliability, etc. TWC is...quite frankly none of that, and they throttle your speeds. So...Mr. CTO of Time Warner Cable, I think you need to splash some water on your eyes, because what you said is not true in the slightest.

8tS1c.pngx15y5SB.gifVl8Jslt.gif

COMIC SANS

*bzzt* my brain just f**king died of the stupidity that just came out of their statement. Shutting down all important stuff in 3...2...1...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

you all act like you're surprised or something

I'm surprised that TWC would even compare their services to Google Fiber, especially when they know that they're not as good. It's almost as if they think their customers are stupid so that they can get away with this. 

COMIC SANS

Are these people who rule big stuff in the US that that stupid?I mean,OK,everyone knows there's other more influential people behind them,but them being THIS stupid?Oh boy.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Employee at TWC to the CTO

"Sir, do you even know what Mbps is?"  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Bullshit. I know half a dozen people who wish they could switch from Time Warner to anything else. Their only options are satellite and dial-up, unfortunately. They used to be decent, but their service rapidly declined several years ago.

Seems to happen a lot with the larger companies. They grow too large, oversell their services, don't bother upgrading their networks, and still keep jacking up the prices. I doubt Google is immune to this disease, either.

This is why I'm glad I have a fiber service from a small time telephone company that hasn't grown beyond three counties in 50 years...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Bullshit. I know half a dozen people who wish they could switch from Time Warner to anything else. Their only options are satellite and dial-up, unfortunately. They used to be decent, but their service rapidly declined several years ago.

Seems to happen a lot with the larger companies. They grow too large, oversell their services, don't bother upgrading their networks, and still keep jacking up the prices. I doubt Google is immune to this disease, either.

This is why I'm glad I have a fiber service from a small time telephone company that hasn't grown beyond three counties in 50 years...

i dont think google will increase their prices, they dont want to enter the market, they just want other companies to follow them because they can make profit of faster internet even if it isnt them who supply it, you know, youtube add's 'n stuff

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

TWC does not offer one gigabit speed with fiber optics, TWC should get back to us when they have gigabit speed. I can tell TWC is scared of google fiber b/c they know once they start spreading to place where TWC is people will start jumping ship to google fiber.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

You guys in Murica have your shit in good hands if you have dial-up as an option...

You guys in Murica have your shit in good hands if you have dial-up as an option...

Yeah. Our connections are pretty pathetic. We pay upwards of $70 to most providers in this country for a 10MB line.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Yeah. Our connections are pretty pathetic. We pay upwards of $70 to most providers in this country for a 10MB line.

Where do you live???? I pay 29.99 a month for 30/5 and most of the time my speeds are 50/7

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

TWC also likes to boast that they have competative speeds and prices, ha go f*** yourself TWC

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Where do you live???? I pay 29.99 a month for 30/5 and most of the time my speeds are 50/7

I pay $40 for 10/5 fiber, but it usually tests out to around 10/10 or 10/9... which is nice.

Most connections that are available to me cost at least $50 for a 2MB line though. It's BS.

I pay $40 for 10/5 fiber, but it usually tests out to around 10/10 or 10/9... which is nice.

Most connections that are available to me cost at least $50 for a 2MB line though. It's BS.

Thats pretty bad..

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

haha, too good.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

TWC has a monopoly around were we live. I cringe everytime I have to pay $60 a month for "business class" internet.

Google is love, Google is life.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

So TMC is delusional...  They are crazy if they think google fiber isn't a serious compeditor.  Even if google fiber doesn't spread as fast as we all want it to,  other startups are going to follow suite and start running fiber networks of their own.

Oh, I bet it is just as good, they just sell it to 200 or 300x more users than Google without updating it effectively choking the fuck out of it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

TWC has a monopoly around were we live. I cringe everytime I have to pay $60 a month for "business class" internet.

I laughed soo hard reading this: "business class"

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Are these people who rule big stuff in the US that that stupid?I mean,OK,everyone knows there's other more influential people behind them,but them being THIS stupid?Oh boy.

Probably more manipulative and misleading than stupid. The U.S. is broken in so many ways it's not funny.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Ummmm.... What? Excuse me, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my coughing *BOVINE SCAT* Oh *sniff* sorry, there it is again... -_-

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D