Is there possibly a power supply unit shortage?

An0maly_76

This might be a dumb question, but I have to ask, because I'm seeing some very strange goings-on. I am doing a couple budget builds to get rid of some unneeded parts and I am having difficulties getting confirmation that the power supplies have shipped. Placed Amazon order for two 450Ws a couple days ago. Even though delivery date originally showed Sunday or Monday, had not shipped as of midnight, and I thought 650Ws would be better for future upgrades, so I cancelled the 450Ws and ordered 650Ws. Those were showing this Mon-Tues delivery, now showing NEXT Monday. So is there a PSU shortage, is Amazon's website smoking crack, or is this more likely a logistics problem?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Not that I'm aware of, my local best-buy is plenty stock and usually they run out before anyone else.  I would say a logistics issue, shipped by amazon or another seller?

1 minute ago, lopj245 said:

Not that I'm aware of, my local best-buy is plenty stock and usually they run out before anyone else.  I would say a logistics issue, shipped by amazon or another seller?

Amazon Services. So who knows? I can understand things being a day late or something, but when a $150+ order hasn't shipped after 2-3 days, that kinda irritates me.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I just tried NewEgg (P.U.) and even they're saying Fri Nov 4. I know we've been having supply chain problems, but is shipping really THAT d*cked up these days?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Most likely explanation is the high number of employees on sick leave, not just at Amazon, but basically everywhere.

Seeing the erratic delivery pattern for a range of items. As long as the product in question is in stock, it's not a supply shortage, but more likely a lack of warehouse/delivery personnel.

Guess it's kind of a good thing. These builds are intended as flips. Considering that they are 2nd-gen Intel and will need upgrading within a few years, I just didn't feel right installing power supplies that are only good enough for what they come with.

At least with 650W they can be upgraded to an i7-3770 / GTX1660 ti package later and stay somewhat relevant without swapping boards. And I predict that will be doable for $200 in the next few years, at least if Invidia solves their melting problem with the 4090. 🤣

This is still irritating, because I'm dead in the water without a PSU and I want to get at least one running so I can get an ad with pics on CL ASAP.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Maybe they stopped manufacturing them? I'm looking for be quiet Straight Power 11 1200W and Corsair RM1000i, RM1000x or HX1000i, but there are only a few shady shops selling it here. You wait like 2weeks and they cancel your order.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu