Is The Sony WH-1000XM5 good for Pc use

Thatisnotmyrealname

Rtings review shows they have 200ms latency in Windows. That's pretty tragic. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Can the XM5s not do ANC in Windows?.. That's pretty tragic seeing as my XM3s can.

I'd say there are better headphones for the money but if you already have them or want something with good ANC(for just your phone I guess?) they should be pretty good. Latency might be problematic as Zet pointed out though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Can the XM5s not do ANC in Windows?.. That's pretty tragic seeing as my XM3s can.

I'd say there are better headphones for the money but if you already have them or want something with good ANC(for just your phone I guess?) they should be pretty good. Latency might be problematic as Zet pointed out though

To my knowlege the XM5 can do ANC.

Wich Headphones would you reccommend?

I also would also use the Headphones for travaling.

On 10/29/2022 at 4:06 PM, person123456789 said:

wired or wireless

If possible wireless with Anc (good Anc; because I want to use them to travel)

Btw the XM5’s „only“ cost 348€

Edited by Thatisnotmyrealname

4 hours ago, Thatisnotmyrealname said:

To my knowlege the XM5 can do ANC.

Wich Headphones would you reccommend?

I also would also use the Headphones for travaling.

Oh my bad misread the OP lol. I have been extremely happy with my XM3s for doing everything but at my desktop I use HD558s as I prefer open backs and wired headphones.

Nothing has come close to the XM3s for travel and school though. Might be worth looking at the Bose options if you can try them all out in person. I don't really know the market, I'm just going off what I have around and have tried out

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Thatisnotmyrealname said:

If possible wireless with Anc

for pure sound quality, i would go for the sennheiser momentum 3

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Oh my bad misread the OP lol. I have been extremely happy with my XM3s for doing everything but at my desktop I use HD558s as I prefer open backs and wired headphones.

Nothing has come close to the XM3s for travel and school though. Might be worth looking at the Bose options if you can try them all out in person. I don't really know the market, I'm just going off what I have around and have tried out

Thank you a lot