Warranties???

MrAKA
Go to solution Solved by Beerzerker,

I push back by saying "No", it's all just a racket as others have already said.

Just getting in market to get new pc build stuff and was wondering is it important  to buy additional  warranties on each pc part in addition to manufacturer warranty? 

If yes , are there any exemptions or any recommended parts I should get warranty on??

Just wondering on saving on paying additional charges.

Thanks  lads

I have never heard of any additional warranties, other than the ones that some OEMS/system integrators offer/force on you. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but certainly get quality components.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

What additional warranties are you talking about? The protection plans that stores like Best Buy and Micro Center try to talk you into at the checkout? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

There's a little known secret in regards to electrical devices from major companies, I'm NOT talking about the cheap knock-off crap.

If the item in question is still running 10 minutes after its turned on 95% will run for ages, usually well after the extended plan has expired. In MOST cases if it's bad it's bad right away usually while still under the store's return policy.

The important times to get an extended warranty is

ONE, If you're a business where time is money, you can't afford the downtime so either onsite repair or, even better, immediate replacement is offered.

TWO, your work requires the device and you need replacement, quick exchange or return from a repair. More important if your work requires moderate to heavy travel.

THREE. The device is so cutting edge that even touching the the flat back of the device will cut you.

There are others that can gain benefits, at least peace of mind by knowing that at least someone can help them. How heavy, big, awkward is it. How far do I have to go for repair, how long is the repair going to take, these are some of the other things that you need to think over.

It also depends on the cost of the warranty and most importantly what exactly is covered.

But for the average, reasonably knowledgeable person, NO ,don't waste you're money.

Oh, I used to work retail in an office supply store in their electronics store and always got the lowest bonus for warranty sales, and more than one warned about my under performing, so, yeah, I know.

Another thing to keep in mind is, How long am I going to keep it and how much will it cost me when

Here, doing a little research is helpful as you will be able to get the feedback reported by actual customers. 

Sorry for the diatribe.

3 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

But for the average, reasonably knowledgeable person, NO ,don't waste you're money.

^^^

never really had to use a warranty and likely wont need to use one for awhile since failiures with new hardware seem quite rare. Yea i dont give a crap about warranties just because of that and i definitely wont bother paying for one

What country are you in?  Some places have a mandatory 12/24month warranty on most computer related things. Decent parts will usually die within the first few months or not until 4-5 years.  Extended warranties only cover the bit in the middle where nothing is likely to happen. 

I'd say forget about extended warranties, put that money into an account for future upgrades/repairs and just look after you stuff.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The extra service stores offer is as close to scam as legally possible. They rely on scared people buying it for stuff that very rarely breaks, even after manufacturers warranty runs out. Like RAM, CPUs and cases. For some others it might hold some value. But I can guarantee that there's terms and conditions that will make it step closer to scam.

It's like paying for insurance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/24/2022 at 11:11 PM, Middcore said:

What additional warranties are you talking about? The protection plans that stores like Best Buy and Micro Center try to talk you into at the checkout? 

Yep

On 10/24/2022 at 11:11 PM, Middcore said:

Yep , sorry i didnt communicate that clearly. All those warranties stores push on u.

I push back by saying "No", it's all just a racket as others have already said.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.