Upgrading some stuff

Go to solution Solved by Motifator,

Just slap a PCI-E to M.2 adapter and the new SSD on it, you don't need a new board or D5. This will cost you like 20 bucks tops.

Cooler should be ok at lower power limits.

For case, I'd look into the Fractal Focus 2.

Budget (including currency): 800 USD/1010 CAD/16,000 MXN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Programs FIgma, Davinci Resolve, Blender, Unity and VSC/Games EFT, F1 22, MW2(2022).

I have a Intel I5-12600KF i was planning to upgrade my DDR4 motherboard to a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS MASTER DDR5 link usa:https://a.co/d/cOst8Nr link mx:https://a.co/d/1sxRmyI . My question is, this motherboard is ok? I dont want to make a unnecessary purchases if i have the oportunity to buy a cheaper one. The other thing i have 1 M.2 of 1TB WD Green waiting because the DDR4 motherboard i buy only have 1 M.2 slot.

The ram i choose for the DDR5 was Corsair Vengeance Black DDR5, 5600MHz, 32GB (2 x 16GB)

While i was picking this compounents i realice i need another cooler to my cpu, because is intel 12th gen i was watching the Noctua Nh-u12s but i dont have any preference so if you have another suggestion i'm happy to hear.

The case i have is a corsair DELTA-04, i planning to change it in the future like a NZXT for example or something fancier, i don't care about RGB stuff to be honest. any suggestion for another case?

And i think is all the upgrades i'm planning in this year, the next year probably i have enough money to upgrade mi 1660 to a 3080ti or maybe a 4080 (if there one of course or price is not 2 ps5 or something like that :P) .

Just slap a PCI-E to M.2 adapter and the new SSD on it, you don't need a new board or D5. This will cost you like 20 bucks tops.

Just now, Motifator said:

Exactly this. The ddr5 wont make the i5 12th gen any faster, so it is a ton of money, with ZERO performance benefits. A more useful upgrade as you said, would be to get a m.2 adaptor, and I would say if he wants more performance, then the i5 13600k as a new cpu, should fit the current motherboard just fine.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 hour ago, TheForeign in spanish said:

Budget (including currency): 800 USD/1010 CAD/16,000 MXN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Programs FIgma, Davinci Resolve, Blender, Unity and VSC/Games EFT, F1 22, MW2(2022).

I have a Intel I5-12600KF i was planning to upgrade my DDR4 motherboard to a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS MASTER DDR5 link usa:https://a.co/d/cOst8Nr link mx:https://a.co/d/1sxRmyI . My question is, this motherboard is ok? I dont want to make a unnecessary purchases if i have the oportunity to buy a cheaper one. The other thing i have 1 M.2 of 1TB WD Green waiting because the DDR4 motherboard i buy only have 1 M.2 slot.

The ram i choose for the DDR5 was Corsair Vengeance Black DDR5, 5600MHz, 32GB (2 x 16GB)

While i was picking this compounents i realice i need another cooler to my cpu, because is intel 12th gen i was watching the Noctua Nh-u12s but i dont have any preference so if you have another suggestion i'm happy to hear.

The case i have is a corsair DELTA-04, i planning to change it in the future like a NZXT for example or something fancier, i don't care about RGB stuff to be honest. any suggestion for another case?

And i think is all the upgrades i'm planning in this year, the next year probably i have enough money to upgrade mi 1660 to a 3080ti or maybe a 4080 (if there one of course or price is not 2 ps5 or something like that :P) .

I recently bought a thermalright peerless assassin 120 se for a bit over $35 on Amazon.  I put only one fan on it and that fan doesn’t even spin except at startup.  For a 12700. I thought it was overclockable with the motherboard I bought but I was wrong.  Read the wrong article it seems.  Oh well. It’s still fast enough to do what I need.  My cpu hasn’t passed 27c on idle though.  It’s supposed to be not as good as a dh15 but in the ballpark. What motherboard do you have now?  I’m not finding it in the post. Finally got it spinning..at 400rpm

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Motifator said:

Yeah you probably right, i was checking the Case btw i love it, so that will be my next purchase. The other thing personal is another HDD and the M.2 is worth it buy a m.2 heatsink?

5 minutes ago, TheForeign in spanish said:

Yeah you probably right, i was checking the Case btw i love it, so that will be my next purchase. The other thing personal is another HDD and the M.2 is worth it buy a m.2 heatsink?

Doubt the Green gets too hot, I had one brand new, sold to my buddy. It barely had much on the PCB.

If you want to though, sure, slap this on and call it a day:

https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/accessories-misc/akasa-m-2-ssd-heatsink-black-a-m2hs01-bk.html

That SSD doesn't require a fancy sink anyways.

3 hours ago, TheForeign in spanish said:

I’m cheapass case aficionado myself.   The fashion now is high airflow cases largely I think because HDDs and CD drives can make a lot of noise.  The fashion used to be for sound dampening cases, but since now the only moving parts are fans airflow cases have gained a lot of popularity.  If you’ve got parts that make noise dampening cases are quieter.  If the only thing that makes noise is fans airflow is usually quieter.  Don’t be afraid to look at the cheap stuff.  It’s not infrequently awful looking and will be terribly short on features. Also the metal will be thin so it’s easier to cut yourself building.  Unlike YouTubers though, you may build only one machine in several years so it’s a lot less important. The danger with cheap cases is they sometimes come with inadequate or no fans, the price of which need to be factored in.  Sometimes “cheap” cases become very quickly no longer cheap.  They can cost 1/3rd what a higher end case does though. The danger with more expensive cases is they have very nice fans but they’re proprietary rgb things that can limit your motherboard and cooler choices.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.