Got a new motherboard and cpu (Asus PRIME B550-PLUS and 5800x3D) but when I put my ram to 3200mhz the pc won't boot

image.thumb.png.25278a9306537b3952ee87717d59e9b5.png

The first boot went fine and I did some benchmarks, no trouble. But the ram was defaulted to 2133mhz, while they are 3200mhz sticks. So, I went into bios and turned on xmp which put it on 3200mhz by itself. Save and exit, pc won't boot. After it tries a few times it shows me this screen you see in the screenshot.

Why though? Doesn't my pc easily support 3200mhz?

Just now, Pixelfie said:

Is it Corsair memory by any chance?

G.Skill Trident Z

6 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Why though? Doesn't my pc easily support 3200mhz?

Are the RAM sticks in the correct slots?? Typically the second and fourth slot away from the CPU socket. Appears you are on the latest BIOS as I was going to suggest updating BIOS, but scratch that. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Are the RAM sticks in the correct slots?? Typically the second and fourth slot away from the CPU socket. Appears you are on the latest BIOS as I was going to suggest updating BIOS, but scratch that. 

They are in first and 3rd, but I was watching a build guide video while building and they did that too, saying it's fine. Bios and hwinfo also say I am running in dual channel

Just now, superfantastic said:

They are in first and 3rd, but I was watching a build guide video while building and they did that too, saying it's fine. Bios and hwinfo also say I am running in dual channel

Move them over to the 2nd and 4th, as that is not the ideal position to place RAM sticks. Do this and clear CMOS with the system OFF. Turn the system on and go into BIOS and try setting XMP again.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Move them over to the 2nd and 4th, as that is not the ideal position to place RAM sticks. Do this and clear CMOS with the system OFF. Turn the system on and go into BIOS and try setting XMP again.

How do I clear cmos?

3 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

How do I clear cmos?

Read your manual. Some boards have a button to do it. Others you need to jump a pair of pins with a metal object. Or you can remove the CMOS battery for a bit and then put it back in.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

How do I clear cmos?

Button cell battery on the motherboard. Remove it or short the CMOS jumper (typically near the bottom of the motherboard if looking at it with the rear I/O on the left side).

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Button cell battery on the motherboard. Remove it or short the CMOS jumper (typically near the bottom of the motherboard if looking at it with the rear I/O on the left side).

alright and why do I need to do this and not just move the ram exactly?

1 minute ago, superfantastic said:

alright and why do I need to do this and not just move the ram exactly?

You have to have the motherboard go through memory training whenever you install/remove RAM. Plus, it's best practice doing so.

22 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

You have to have the motherboard go through memory training whenever you install/remove RAM. Plus, it's best practice doing so.

Well, first try I failed to mount one stick properly, second try it worked! xmp is turned on and the system booted. task manager is saying 3200mhz. Let's see how big of a difference it makes in timespy!

36 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Hey one more question. My timespy results are about 400 below average. Is that because they include in the average people with higher ram speeds and overclocks as well?

2 hours ago, superfantastic said:

Hey one more question. My timespy results are about 400 below average. Is that because they include in the average people with higher ram speeds and overclocks as well?

I think that's within tolerance. I know my Time Spy scores are about 500 points lower than what the average is.