[Verge] "Apple blasts Samsung over originality"

Smeeoh

I'm aware that your article was pointing at a slide to unlock prior the iPhone. That's why I said "Didn't say they invented it." and even quoted myself saying "it wasn't a wide spread method. It now seem so obvious but before the iPhone it wasn't."

Don't be so fast on the "Read the article" when you're obviously skipping part in posts.

I didn't skip, you said:

Wasn't before the first iPhone. Even if touch based phone existed,

In reply to "slide to unlock"

I don't know how you use English but to me that reads that you are saying slide to unlock wasn't before the iphone.

Plus after that you said that there was no slide and a 2 YO girl couldn't work it out, which indicates you just looked at the picture.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I didn't skip, you said:

In reply to "slide to unlock"

I don't know how you use English but to me that reads that you are saying slide to unlock wasn't before the iphone.

It was more :

@SirRoderick : Unlock slide, that's just common sense.

@Me : Wasn't before the iphone.

So I was refering to the "common sense" part. My bad I guess. It's really all about what we take for granted. It seems obvious now but back then it wasn't. If so, everybody else would have done it.

Wow. Talk about arguing for nothing ;)

It was more :

@SirRoderick : Unlock slide, that's just common sense.

@Me : Wasn't before the iphone.

So I was refering to the "common sense" part. My bad I guess. It's really all about what we take for granted. It seems obvious now but back then it wasn't. If so, everybody else would have done it.

Wow. Talk about arguing for nothing ;)

ah, that's makes more sense, sorry for the confusion.  When you said "it seems obvious now but back then..." I thought you were talking about most of the tech innovation of the time in general.

Context is everything :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

http://www.fosspatents.com/2014/04/10-european-judges-found-apple-had-not.html

Many of the features in the iphone existed before the iphone in one form or another, where apple excel is in marketing, that's why everyone thinks they developed most of the designs and tech that's in it.

And that should be enough to completely make Apple's patent null and void. You are not suppose to be able to patent things that other companies already use (Apple's specialty).

In EU courts that was enough to invalidate their patent. In the US the judges just ignores prior art. What a crappy system...

Can we just start a petition to tell apple to go die in a hole & stop jerking off all over the other phone manufacturers simply cause they cant take the heat?

I mean seriously, every day I hate apple more and more.

I WAS actually ok with apple for a while, then this stupid lawsuit business started.

this is what I feel like apple does all day.

"what's something everyone uses and no one has a patent for that we can patent & sue everyone for non-existent damages?"

"YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A SCREEN! WE HAVE A SCREEN! YOU CAN NOT!"

seriously, I'm beginning to hate apple.

their products? Overpriced.

Their fanbase? insane.

Their company? EVIL.

seriously, I never came unglued like this over a company, but this pushed me over the line.

common, even our government has fallen to apple's BS.

this is the same mentality that allows AT&T to continue in their monopolies!

I mean come on, really?

what's next? "your device is made of matter! We patented that!"

Thats funny because the last time I checked all Apple phones look the same.

Why would you expect them to change their own design just because they accuse other people of copying them?

Why would you expect them to change their own design just because they accuse other people of copying them?

Samsung didn't copy Apple the only people that copy Apple phones are the cheap ones you can buy off Amazon and Ebay that are actually copies. Having a phone that has a screen that covers most of the surface is hardly copying. Besides Apple phones look really simple ans so do most smartphones so it's really hard to not look similar to every other smartphone. The HTC One looks nothing like an Apple phone. I am not a smartphone lover though (I don't own one because I hate them). PCMasterRace all the way.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

And people still have the nerve to ask us why we hate apple...

Maybe I'm biased, but I find navigating and doing what I want on my iPhone 4 way more confusing and longwinded than other devices I use (Note 2, various blackberries, winmo).  Sometimes back is X, sometimes it's Cancel.  Sometimes Accept is "Yes" and Cancel is an X, other times Accept is a tick and No is back.  There not much cohesiveness in my opinion.

Performing basic tasks always takes longer. Eg. editing an alarm.  I have to press Edit and then select which one each time I want to change an alarm instead of keeping the Edit function available, or just letting me select the actual alarm I wanna change.

Using Google and Apple maps for example is such a chore on this shitty 4" screen that's totally inaccurate half the time - and I don't have big hands.  That and the abortion of the homescreen.

Never before have I experience such frustration at a handheld interface than I have when trying to perform basic tasks in iOS.

Imagine how shit Excel would be if you had to click an Edit button before you change any cell.  That's how I feel when using iOS.

On the other hand, I find my HTC One extremely frustrating to use. I hate the location of the back button, and also the hard to reach lock button. They are totally in the wrong place. With the iPhone, all of the phone can be used with one hand. Easy to press the volume buttons, mute switch and the lock button. The single hardware home button is what I much prefer over the touchscreen buttons on the htc one. I simply hate having to use Home and Back, and also I can miss the on-screen buttons too sometimes, this doesn't happen with a single big button. Just my 2 pence.

@ the other guy who replied to me. An android is easier to use than iOS? No way in hell. If I gave my grandad, or my dad my HTC One to test, they wouldn't even any clue on how to unlock the phone, never mind the front screen with lot's of widgets in the way. It's so much easier to use iOS any day of the week.

On the other hand, I find my HTC One extremely frustrating to use. I hate the location of the back button, and also the hard to reach lock button. They are totally in the wrong place. With the iPhone, all of the phone can be used with one hand. Easy to press the volume buttons, mute switch and the lock button. The single hardware home button is what I much prefer over the touchscreen buttons on the htc one. I simply hate having to use Home and Back, and also I can miss the on-screen buttons too sometimes, this doesn't happen with a single big button. Just my 2 pence.

@ the other guy who replied to me. An android is easier to use than iOS? No way in hell. If I gave my grandad, or my dad my HTC One to test, they wouldn't even any clue on how to unlock the phone, never mind the front screen with lot's of widgets in the way. It's so much easier to use iOS any day of the week.

spoken like a true fanboi

spoken like a true fanboi

Yet my only Apple product is an iPad. Very ignorant of you.

Yet my only Apple product is an iPad. Very ignorant of you.

it's not ignorance to point out the obvious. In fact it is quite the opposite.

it's not ignorance to point out the obvious. In fact it is quite the opposite.

Someone complaining about iOS, I complained about my phone's faults - you call me a fanboy and not him? F*** off

Someone complaining about iOS, I complained about my phone's faults - you call me a fanboy and not him? F*** off

I haven't read the other guys post, I was simply replying to the post you made and the bit where you said :

"@ the other guy who replied to me. An android is easier to use than iOS? No way in hell. If I gave my grandad, or my dad my HTC One to test, they wouldn't even any clue on how to unlock the phone, never mind the front screen with lot's of widgets in the way. It's so much easier to use iOS any day of the week.".

Such a definitive statement, you are assuming everyone is like your grandad and can't use android.  News for you, my father is probably just as old as your grandad and can use WP, Android, Ios, Win8, Win xp, and has learnt most of it in his dotage.   Black and white statements are the realm of either the ignorant or fanbois, take your pick.

I haven't read the other guys post, I was simply replying to the post you made and the bit where you said :

"@ the other guy who replied to me. An android is easier to use than iOS? No way in hell. If I gave my grandad, or my dad my HTC One to test, they wouldn't even any clue on how to unlock the phone, never mind the front screen with lot's of widgets in the way. It's so much easier to use iOS any day of the week.".

Such a definitive statement, you are assuming everyone is like your grandad and can't use android.  News for you, my father is probably just as old as your grandad and can use WP, Android, Ios, Win8, Win xp, and has learnt most of it in his dotage.   Black and white statements are the realm of either the ignorant or fanbois, take your pick.

My grandma has a Galaxy S 3 and my grandpa has a Galaxy S 2. Both can use them pretty well. They think they are far easier to use than my sister's iPhone. Does that mean that Android is easier to use than iOS? Of course not, but I see it as a nail in the "iOS is much easier to use than Android" coffin.

I really don't get the whole "iOS is much easier than Android!". It is a lot harder in some places. The back button is not always in the same place (and changes names), you often have to use iTunes which can be really confusing, a lot less file formats are supported out of the box etc.

My grandma has a Galaxy S 3 and my grandpa has a Galaxy S 2. Both can use them pretty well.

I really don't get the whole "iOS is much easier than Android!". It is a lot harder in some places. The back button is not always in the same place (and changes names), you often have to use iTunes which can be really confusing, a lot less file formats are supported out of the box etc.

I really think it's horse for courses, what ever OS someone is comfortable with is the OS that they will prefer. There is no Best OS, it's too subjective. 

I really think it's horse for courses, what ever OS someone is comfortable with is the OS that they will prefer. There is no Best OS, it's too subjective. 

Well there is a "best OS" if you talk about specific things.

I agree that you can't say one OS is the best if you're talking about the whole OS though. One person might value X over Y, and another one might value Y over X.

I think that this is stupid, everyone knows that Samsung is not copying Apple because they are putting screen on the other side of the phone.