LTT Mousepad wears out in less than 2 years and causes mouse tracking issues

As the title says, Bought my LTT Northern Lights Desk Pad that I bought back in Dec 2020 was starting to give me mouse tracking problems.

At first, I thought it was my mouse sensor issue. The mouse will pause and then jump to another location on the screen. The tracking was very skippy too. It was skipping all the time. It felt like my mouse had a low polling rate with all that stuttering. I almost had to replace my mouse since I've tried cleaning, vacuuming the pad and the mouse sensor for any dust that might have entered. As my last option, I tried turning the mousepad around and lo and behold; The mouse on the screen moved like butter. No more skips and jumps. Considering that my mouse has those smooth glide feets, it is weird that the mousepad can suffer from wear and tear for no reason. The area looks fine to the eye. No visible holes or damage. So it is really weird that the mouse had tracking issue on that side. Probably some wear and tear on a micro level only visible to the mouse sensor.
Prior to the LTT Mousepad, I had the Corsair mm300. This mousepad had a way longer use than the LTT mousepad without any issues.
When it comes to design, the grey patterns were a smart move and it turns out to have a purpose as over time with using the LTT mousepad, that black mouse area started to look greyish and it really stood out. Corsair truly had thought about all of these factors when creating their mousepad. It is a shame my LTT Mousepad had a short lifespan instead.

What are your thoughts? Is there even any warranty on this LTT Northern Lights Desk Pad?

You could try washing it. Apparently with cold water and a gentle cycle it can go in a washing machine and then air dry, but that's pretty spooky. I'd say hand washing in a bath with dish soap is safer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Hey LiLAsN, sorry to hear you encountered this issue.

It sounds like your desk pad may have become dirty. This occurs during normal use, even if you keep tidy, just due to the dust/dirt/oils that exist on our hands on the micro-level.

I'd recommend giving your desk pad a thorough wash and seeing if that fixes the issue. Usually, wiping it down with a damp cloth should be all that's necessary, but if that doesn't help you can try machine-washing it (cold, delicate, no bleach, and air dry with the graphic facing up) as another commenter above me mentioned. This is recommended only for extreme cases and shouldn't be relied upon on a regular basis, but we've found that desk pads can usually stand up to being washed in this manner.

After that you should try running any calibration software that may exist for your mouse. If that is available, it'd be a feature of your mouse's driver utility in most cases.

If none of the above tips resolve your issue, send a message to support@lttstore.com and we'll be happy to take care of you. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

Thank you very much. You guys have been awesome and of tremendous help.
Yes, I've used the wet cloth method. But no choice but to try the washing machine method as a last resort and it worked well. Much appreciated once again for the help.

Stay awesome!