ASUS PB287Q allready available to buy in Europe!

Harjan

Pricing and availability for Asus their 28" 4K monitor are allready popping up in shops in The Netherlands, starting from only € 605,16 (which is only 10euro more than Samsung their 4k display) And available in 1 to 3 days! :
http://maxict.nl/product/4151181/-mon-28-asus-pb287q?btwview=in&rs=hwinfo&utm_source=hardwareinfo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=prijsvergelijker

Over @ Germany starting from € 699,99 :

http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/asus-pb287q-90lm00r0-b02170-a1094194.html

And over @ the UK starting from £599.99 and available as of 06-06-2014 :
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-071-AS&campaign=affiliate/tag

Now i really don't know what to do anymore, buy an 
ASUS PB287Q for 605 EU or buy an LG 34UM95-P for 843 EU.... Or just order both and keep the 1 i like best :')  
Why are they making it so hard/expensive!!!

Listed spec's :

Specification:-
- Display Screen Size: 28" (70.8cm)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Panel Type: TN
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000
- Resolution: 3840x2160 (Only over DisplayPort at 60Hz)
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Flicker FREE backlight
- PIP/PBP Support
- Viewing Angle (H / V ): 170 ° / 160 °
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort 
- Stand: Height adjust, pivot & Swivel
- Speakers: Yes
- Warranty: 3yr

LG 34UM95-P - hands down. 34" of 21:9?? yes please!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

LG 34UM95-P - hands down. 34" of 21:9?? yes please!

21:9 is pretty crap. For gaming and some movies it's good, but for everything else it doesn't make any sense. 16:9 is overall a better aspect ratio.

21:9 is pretty crap. For gaming and some movies it's good, but for everything else it doesn't make any sense. 16:9 is overall a better aspect ratio.

Wha... I find it much better for everything other than gaming. And not because the gaming experience on 21:9 is crap, but because the support of some devs on these types of aspect ratios can be lackluster or non-existent... If you don't like 21:9 everytime, you can always downsize to a 1440p 27'' display with black bars on the case of the 34UM95 or to a 1080p display on all the other 21:9 monitors on the market... I don't get this hate over 21:9, didn't get it back when Linus completely disregarded them (I'm happy he noticed them now though) and still don't get it now.

Wha... I find it much better for everything other than gaming. And not because the gaming experience on 21:9 is crap, but because the support of some devs on these types of aspect ratios can be lackluster or non-existent... If you don't like 21:9 everytime, you can always downsize to a 1440p 27'' display with black bars on the case of the 34UM95 or to a 1080p display on all the other 21:9 monitors on the market... I don't get this hate over 21:9, didn't get it back when Linus completely disregarded them (I'm happy he noticed them now though) and still don't get it now.

Not much game support for 21:9, at least that's why I don't like em. If there were a lot more I admit I would probably buy one.

In the meantime 4K in a year or so, sounds more appealing to me.

It is an opinion vs. opinion debate. For the time I had it I liked it a lot but the panel was 1080P and felt too short.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

FFS JUST BRING THIS TO ROMANIA ALREADY.

I postponed playing so many games waiting to get my 4k monitor.

been up for a while in sweden but wont be availible until late may

still waiting for a good 4k, ips, 60hz, vesa for my arms (maybe even gsync if i can be greedy)

It is an opinion vs. opinion debate. For the time I had it I liked it a lot but the panel was 1080P and felt too short.

Yes it's opinion vs opinion but that doesn't mean you can't bring objective arguments into the discussion.

been up for a while in sweden but wont be availible until late may

still waiting for a good 4k, ips, 60hz, vesa for my arms (maybe even gsync if i can be greedy)

My monitor is so old even the shityiest tn panel would be an upgrade.

People rejoice at 4k 60Hz panels already available for under 800 bucks, but forget that you still need 3000 bucks worth of graphics cards connected to a 1500W PSU to drive games at that kind of resolution :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

People rejoice at 4k 60Hz panels already available for under 800 bucks, but forget that you still need 3000 bucks worth of graphics cards connected to a 1500W PSU to drive games at that kind of resolution :/

not everyone is a hardcore gamer

True, that's why it's a good thing i allready got 3 titans and 2 AX1200i's to power it ;)

But yeah i'm leaning towards the  LG 34UM95-P ATM, but i don't know if that would suit my needs best. As i will be getting 3 Asus ROG Swifts (attached to a triple monitor stand) aswell. And i'm looking for 1 more display to put or on top or below the 3 ROG Swift displays. I will be using it to browse (connected to my work/browse/media pc ) while i'm gaming on the ROG Swifts. Or when i want to (or when triple monitors are not supported) game on a single display. 

I will also be playing Project CARS (and offcourse Star Citizin) when it gets released, but don't know if racing sims would be better on triple display or ultra wide. Because the idea of not having bezels, is pretty nice aswell. And the 5ms response time of the IPS panel is not that big of a deal in Racing games nor Star Citizin (i hope). For FPS i will be using the triple monitor setup thats for sure, because there i will need the 1ms response time.

This monitor isn't yet available, the prices on geizhals, heise and such are currently only preorder, no information on when this product is going to release.

144Hz goodness

It's £100 more then the Samsung 4K. I really hope the colours are better or something to make this monitor worth it. The stand is a none issue for me because I usually use books to adjust my monitor high anyway. But if it has a VESA mount I might get this over the Samsung one because I want a really nice aftermarket monitor stand. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard