PCIE x16 not working

Hey guys,

Not the first time I'm posting about this but I'm trying to finx a fix for my problem : I have a RTX2070 Super matched with a Rysen 5600X on a Aorus B550 Pro V1 (I had to update the BIOS for compatibility) and for some reason my GPU doesn't generate and output when I use the top PCIE slot on my motherboard. I tried changing the PCIE gen i the BIOS and it didn't change anything. Fans are powering up and monitors (i have two) turn on as if they know something i connected but I have no video output. So now I'm stuck using the second PCIE slot gen idk at x4.

EDIT : GPU lights are on, no GPU fans turning, no monitor recognition and red VGA LED on mother board (no GPU found)?

Any Idea what could be causing this? I doubt it's physical damage or manufacturing defect as I exchanged the first board I bought to the store for a new one (same brand and model) and the same thing happenned. GPU worked perfectly fine on an Asus B350 and a 1600X before.

Thank all.

Edited by Eric Jovi
Correction

Quite weird... but btw the 2nd PCie slot should be x8 not x4 and in Pcie3 that's ok for a 2070

Anyway, did you reset CMOS and check PCie bifurcation settings?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

38 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Quite weird... but btw the 2nd PCie slot should be x8 not x4 and in Pcie3 that's ok for a 2070

Anyway, did you reset CMOS and check PCie bifurcation settings?

If I remember correctly, bifurcation is set to Auto. There were three other options but as I don'y know much about those I didn't try to chancge it.

I could try to reset the CMOS, I'll google about it. I think it's either removing the battery or shorting the CMOS pins.

Performance wise it is absolutely fine, I heard I might get a like 5% more if I could use the x16 but the main concern is cooling. It's like one inch from my PSU and it gets quite toasty (between 70 to 80 undor load depending of the game I'm playing). I know it's acceptable but hey, if I can get better performance and ebtter couling, why not .

• 4 months later...