Rigid Open-Loop Water Cooled Piping

Hey guys and gals,

So, yeah, I am wondering, what is the best, strongest, least prone to leaks, rigid, see-through, piping that has the least amount of troubles for open loop water cooling. I would like to run distilled water, a little-bit of herbicide, and maybe some purple water-cooling.

Look forward to your answers

Thanks👍🏻

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

3 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

Interesting, sounds like a challenge. I definitely like the idea. Say, do you know if there is such a thing as, glass raditors for open loo0. That might be cool, if they could get one that works, decently. I have never seen them.

afaik rads r only copper or alu, and a lot of watercooling parts r copper so avoid alu

My loop is for noise & temps, not so much for looks (see my sig) 

I went with epdm soft tubing, I only need a sharp tube cutters for them 😂

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

Quadro fan controller, nice!

You know. I can respect that. function over form. Um, abig part why I want to do glass is because of the challenge involved. When I look at it; it should be something that looks nice, fingers crossed lol. 

I am thinking about getting 2 of these.

http://hardwarelabs.com/blackice/sr2/420-mp/

HardwareLabs Black ice Sr2 420-mp

Keep in mind, that I am going for a silent PC. Any thoughts about those radiators ( :

Please be honest. I am about Silent Performance, lol

So rigid your choice are basically glass, acrylic, and PETG

Using glass pretty much rules out any bending for a novice. So you'll be left with using angled fittings for any bends, which can become expensive. Glass tubing is also more expensive so leaves less room for errors and waste. 

Acrylic is more brittle than PETG. 

PETG would be absolutely fine. 

The only leaks you'll encounter with any tubing will be at the fitting.

With PETG you just need to make sure to deburr the ends, made sure it's a straight cut, there's no undue pressure on the connection (such as cutting it too short, or too long) and that it's firmly seated. Do that and you'll be fine. 

If you're only running distilled water, a biocide, and a dye then you also probably don't need to worry about staining on the tubing. 

EK-CryoFuel Indigo Violet (the non-solid) would be a good choice, it contains a biocide and shouldn't cause any staining. 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong.