1.2v DDR4 safe at 1.420v?

4b33r
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

Micron has quite volt tolerant ics so i dont think even 8gbit rev b degrades from volt since rev e dont degrade either, basically skies the limit aside from the imc which may degrade over 1.7v dram volt. Not advisable to go >1.5v without a fan though due to heat making rams unstable

Ram safe voltages vary from ic to ic, some dont tolerate volt very well, some just outright dont degrade with volt or need so much volt to start degrading the imc will degrade/instadie first

Edit: d die should also not degrade with volt though micron 8gbit rev b and samsung 8gbit d die are very very different ics, get another d die stick to swap the micron rev b stick and if you want to you can do 4000+ with ease although d die isnt a particularly good ic, it just clocks decently high

So I have 2 different Kingston HyperX fury DDR4 sticks currently running at 3000Mhz 15-18-18 37 at 1.42v but I am really hesitant to run them like this 24x7 as I fear the voltage is too high especially for the one that's only rated for 1.2v, should I be worried or will they be fine?

Here are the reports from Thaipoon

Snap04102022090735AM.png.bfc3424e667a96e3f51caa70c8d606ce.pngSnap04102022090745AM.png.f21946aeebdb409428043588ed80f4af.png

Micron has quite volt tolerant ics so i dont think even 8gbit rev b degrades from volt since rev e dont degrade either, basically skies the limit aside from the imc which may degrade over 1.7v dram volt. Not advisable to go >1.5v without a fan though due to heat making rams unstable

Ram safe voltages vary from ic to ic, some dont tolerate volt very well, some just outright dont degrade with volt or need so much volt to start degrading the imc will degrade/instadie first

Edit: d die should also not degrade with volt though micron 8gbit rev b and samsung 8gbit d die are very very different ics, get another d die stick to swap the micron rev b stick and if you want to you can do 4000+ with ease although d die isnt a particularly good ic, it just clocks decently high