Swing and a miss by the 5 IV

IPD

My $.02.  The 5 (in general) needs to be in the $750 range.  It needs full frequency band coverage for more T-Mobile (WTF is the N71 band)?  Height I can come to terms with, but it's wider than a Zenfone 9; not by much, but one hand comfort is a game of millimeters--especially when you factor in a case.  Sony has also had a track record of short-changing its long-term Android support--and the 5 IV's processor being a step below the zenfone 9's isn't helping matters.

Is a $300 upcharge for an SD slot and camera bells/whistles worth it?  No.  And in fact, if the 10 IV had proper frequency band coverage for Mint/T-Mobile (it's missing even more 4 and 5g bands), I'd probably have gotten one of those.  All Asus has to do to win here is an SD card slot.

P.S.

Can we please stop with the "US" "Europe" and "Asia" version monikers?  Can we please just call them something simple like A, B and C versions (like Zenfone has)?  Something simple, so you know immediately what frequency bands your model will cover.

I feel like sony is going to far with pricing too in all brackets. Their good budget phone is 450$ but isnt better except for the camera than my in 2019 us priced 270$ xiaomi mi 9t pro.

To be fair its a trend thats happening industry wide were people buying budvet devices in 2020 and before need to pay more to get a similar device to their old phone but still thats not ok.

As for this one. Yes cool it does everything right basically but 1000 is over half what people make in a month.

They could have charged $100 more for the 10 IV and offered all the mint/t-mobile frequency bands with 100% coverage--and I'd  have pre-ordered the damn thing.

Features are nice and all, but if it doesn't work on MY networks, then WTF would I care?  Sony already has a small phone that doesn't work on any of my networks; it's called the Xperia Ace.

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I feel like sony is going to far with pricing too in all brackets. Their good budget phone is 450$ but isnt better except for the camera than my in 2019 us priced 270$ xiaomi mi 9t pro.

To be fair its a trend thats happening industry wide were people buying budvet devices in 2020 and before need to pay more to get a similar device to their old phone but still thats not ok.

As for this one. Yes cool it does everything right basically but 1000 is over half what people make in a month.

I agree, if their Xperia 10 IV only crammed stereo speakers and high refresh rate display, they would have one of the best Value phones and they didn't, and the 10 IV only really excels in Battery life and camera for this reason...

Not to even mention Sony SHOULD have went for the Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 for their 5 IV but they didn't so they stubbornly sticking to the heat cooker 8 Gen1!

Not to even mention that the Xperia 10 IV still lacks the Game Mode, sure the 695 might not be very powerful than for example the newer 700 series but it's capable and efficient for gaming, and also I wouldn't mind then if they sticked to the 690 to keep supporting 4K recording since the 695 they placed on it is stubbornly limited to 1080p, however don't worry I don't blame sony for it I blame Qualcomm but also blaming sony for not using the Snapdragon 690 so yeah both sides...

I really love that sony is not using a notch and keeping the headphone jack and SD Card around but they still have ways to go to catch up to the competition and especially to appeal to general consumers...

and Don't get me started on the way they launch these phones and their naming, and not to mention the overheating issues occur on the full potential of the Video recording being pushed (so like 4K 120FPS for example), it's still present after 5-7+ years

Not to mention the software like especially the camera software 

TL;DR: Sony makes great phones, especially since they keep things other companies remove like SD Card and Headphone Jack while having flagship specs and big battery but they still have alot to fix and Improve to appeal to the general consumer really

and that's why nobody buys them currently but they just have to keep moving to the right direction to do so!

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

India isn't 3%--which is where the Ace appears to be targeted.

And "build a better mousetrap" applies--so Sony needs to offer better if they want to sell more.