How do I boot into safe mode with no display at all?

ZROCK

Display works in bios but not in windows.

I ran into this problem after trying to reinstall my graphics driver. Screen went blank and never would come back on. Upon rebooting the computer, I can see the HP logo pop up and if I hit f12 I can get into the bios and see no problem. As soon as the bios is exited, theres nothing but a black screen. 

So its a driver issue right? So how do I get into safe mode when I cant see the windows startup screen? Ive tried the 10 or whatever hard restarts. Doesn't work.

There has to be another way like a keyboard command or something to boot me into safe mode. 

If anyone knows something, any help is appreciated.

Another note- Apparently the CPU has integrated graphics but I get no output to the display port on the back of the motherboard and I dont have anything that would work with VGA

If you are getting no display once you hit windows then something else as at play. If you just get a black screen it is possible the system is just hard locking there. It could also be a windows issue related to drivers but those are loaded much later in the boot process. 

Do you have another computer you can use? Create a windows installer and see if you can boot from that? If you still get a black screen part of me is thinking there is an issue with the CPU or board. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:13 PM, Pickles von Brine said:

If you are getting no display once you hit windows then something else as at play. If you just get a black screen it is possible the system is just hard locking there. It could also be a windows issue related to drivers but those are loaded much later in the boot process. 

Do you have another computer you can use? Create a windows installer and see if you can boot from that? If you still get a black screen part of me is thinking there is an issue with the CPU or board. 

Yeah I ended up just reinstalling windows and wiping everything and that did the trick. I even get my full 1080 p now on this old GPU. Thank you for the comment

21 hours ago, ZROCK said:

Yeah I ended up just reinstalling windows and wiping everything and that did the trick. I even get my full 1080 p now on this old GPU. Thank you for the comment

Your welcome. Glad it was something with Windows. I was a bit worried it could have been something more serious. I have had Windows just... break. Black screen and nothing. no safe mode, no signs of life. Yet a clean install works fine. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 9/29/2022 at 9:05 PM, Pickles von Brine said:

Your welcome. Glad it was something with Windows. I was a bit worried it could have been something more serious. I have had Windows just... break. Black screen and nothing. no safe mode, no signs of life. Yet a clean install works fine. 

Yeah its strange Ive never had windows just take a dump before. But I bought the system prebuilt with that version on it so it could have been a corrupted copy but the one I use for all my builds works great now