[Kotaku] "You Can Now 3D Print Working Game Controllers"

TopWargamer

EDIT: This was suppose to go in Tech News...fail...

;_;

Source: http://kotaku.com/you-can-now-3d-print-working-game-controllers-1568736128?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

(It works too!)

The Rabbit Proto is an additional print head designed by the Stanford University students to fit on to a number of RepRap model printers. It enables them to introduce conductive material with the normal plastic during the printing process. Currently it uses silver-filled silicone (fancy) but the team are working with a company to use the more cost-effective graphite paste.

So it looks like you can 3D print in more than just that plastic wiring or whatever that you need (I forgot what it's actually called). This is extremely nifty, and goes to show that 3D printing technology is moving along quite nicely, and sooner or later we'll be able to print whole electronics without the need to actually assemble anything or wire anything together. The sky's the limit!

(Okay, lies, minimal wiring will more than likely still be involved, but still though!)

p2ihdcw4haw3xa6qks89.png

COMIC SANS

Hasn't benheck been doing this for ages?

He's been modding stuff for ages. Dunno if he's fiddled around with 3D printing just yet. (I don't keep up with him all that much.)

COMIC SANS

He's been modding stuff for ages. Dunno if he's fiddled around with 3D printing just yet. (I don't keep up with him all that much.)

he does its how he makes like majority of his handhelds these days.

he does its how he makes like majority of his handhelds these days.

Oh. Didn't know that. 

COMIC SANS