Does anyone know what these flickering pixels are?

Go to solution Solved by Idkwhattodowithmylife,
1 minute ago, Bingus_Bongus said:

No, it's done it at one other location but it's very specific. One thing I've noticed is that this one is in a smoke-filled room, and the other one was road colored with black and yellow stripes with intense details. Which makes me think it's detail-dependent but like I've said I'm not sure.

What about in other games? If it is in other games, it mighr be your gpu or monitor, otherwise its just the game

Hello. I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 recently on my new system and I'm beginning to notice some flickering pixels or artifacts. I'm playing on max settings without Ray Tracing on a 6900XT in Linux using the open-source driver that comes through the repository, specifically "firmware-amd-graphics".

The pixels themselves don't stay on one place, on another part of the map they follow the camera and then they go away when I move about 10 meters away.

The game runs fine, well above 120 fps. I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worrying about whether it's a sign of a failing GPU already (which doesn't seem likely), or if this is just on the game side and it's fine.

I've attached a picture (ignore the Cyberpunk-y material on the wall lol)

Thanks.

20220925164411_1.jpg

Hello. I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 recently on my new system and I'm beginning to notice some flickering pixels or artifacts. I'm playing on max settings without Ray Tracing on a 6900XT in Linux using the open-source driver that comes through the repository, specifically "firmware-amd-graphics".

The pixels themselves don't stay on one place, on another part of the map they follow the camera and then they go away when I move about 10 meters away.

The game runs fine, well above 120 fps. I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worrying about whether it's a sign of a failing GPU already (which doesn't seem likely), or if this is just on the game side and it's fine.

I've attached a picture (ignore the Cyberpunk-y material on the wall lol)

Thanks.

20220925164411_1.jpg

Can you like draw a circle around the pixels?

3 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

Can you like draw a circle around the pixels?

These weird things. They pop up and flicker depending on the location and camera angle.

20220925164411_11.jpg

Just now, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

Does it only appear in that locaion?

No, it's done it at one other location but it's very specific. One thing I've noticed is that this one is in a smoke-filled room, and the other one was road colored with black and yellow stripes with intense details. Which makes me think it's detail-dependent but like I've said I'm not sure.

What about in other games? If it is in other games, it mighr be your gpu or monitor, otherwise its just the game

2 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

It's probably the game then. Plus it's only doing it in certain light areas. But I haven't noticed this in any other games.

Thanks man, this was the answer I was hoping for. I appreciate it.

Just now, Bingus_Bongus said:

It's probably the game then. Plus it's only doing it in certain light areas. But I haven't noticed this in any other games.

Thanks man, this was the answer I was hoping for. I appreciate it.

No prolem, just post any other problem s you have on this forum, everyone here is very helpful