Connecting 2x8+1x6 to this GPU

Erenke

Sorry if this is a noob question. I'm planning to get a NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT SE, it has 2x8 and 1x6 pin power connectors. I'm also planning to get an MPG A1000G along with it (1000W just to be sure and quiet). Now I saw this image on the PSU's page and I know most of these are usually marketing talk but not sure how I should approach with it.

image.thumb.png.e4dc724455579c287a65b4bfcc6f7ce1.png

In this case, what would be the best way for me to connect these pins, or are they even compatible? I was thinking, top right or left to CPU, bottom (2) to the GPU with one of them not having the extra 2 pins. Or do I need to use one of the 6 pin slots on the bottom left? This is probably a dumb question but I don't wanna risk anything with expensive tech.

Also, Is it fine to use 2 slots for the GPU since each cable has 2 connectors or should I use 3 slots (I don't need any other PCI-E connector). Please see image below

image.png.e1e15ef837de6904ccf7f796c60ed75b.png

if you have 3 separate pci cables, better to just use all 3 for each separate socket imo. it would also be fine with just 2 cables with one of them daisy chained.

9 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

if you have 3 separate pci cables, better to just use all 3 for each separate socket imo. it would also be fine with just 2 cables with one of them daisy chained.

It says it comes with 7 cables if i'm not mistaken. What would be the best way for 2 cables? 8+8 & 6 or 8+6 & 8

8 minutes ago, Erenke said:

It says it comes with 7 cables if i'm not mistaken. What would be the best way for 2 cables? 8+8 & 6 or 8+6 & 8

if it has 3, no need to daisy chain, it will be most optimal with all 3 instead of 2.. if you really want to though, it really isn't going to matter which configuration it's in, as long as they are all connected. all the cables will be 6+2(8) so any of them can be used for whichever way you choose to connect it.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, bmx6454 said:

if it has 3, no need to daisy chain, it will be most optimal with all 3 instead of 2.. if you really want to though, it really isn't going to matter which configuration it's in, as long as they are all connected. all the cables will be 6+2(8) so any of them can be used for whichever way you choose to connect it.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought

You could use 3 cables if you really want, but it's not necessary. Will just add extra cables to manage to the PC.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:34 AM, Erenke said:

image.png.e1e15ef837de6904ccf7f796c60ed75b.png

The second image is what you want. 8pin + 6pin from one cable and another cable for the other 8pin.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450