WiFi not working on Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II

Luximum

I just built my pc today and everything is working fine except the windows isn't recognizing the fact that it should have a connected wifi device. When I go into the device manager nothing and the windows network setting doesn't even have a wifi tab. This is my first build so I don't know if this is a common thing or not. Anybody got any ideas or advice for me?

I just built my pc today and everything is working fine except the windows isn't recognizing the fact that it should have a connected wifi device. When I go into the device manager nothing and the windows network setting doesn't even have a wifi tab. This is my first build so I don't know if this is a common thing or not. Anybody got any ideas or advice for me?

3 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

You need to install the chipset and wireless drivers for your mobo. All drivers for your motherboard are here

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wifi-ii-model/helpdesk_download/

You will need to either connect your router via ethernet cable or use a second pc to download to usb thumb drive.

I have downloaded the latest drive to a flash drive and placed on one of my pc's internal drives and tried to run the WirelessSetup.exe file but when I do it tells me "The following extensions are blocked "Extensions\PieExtension.INF" Any ideas?

I have downloaded the latest driver to a flash drive and placed on one of my pc's internal drives and tried to run the WirelessSetup.exe file but when I do it tells me "The following extensions are blocked "Extensions\PieExtension.INF"

41 minutes ago, Luximum said:

I have downloaded the latest drive to a flash drive and placed on one of my pc's internal drives and tried to run the WirelessSetup.exe file but when I do it tells me "The following extensions are blocked "Extensions\PieExtension.INF" Any ideas?

Sounds like its either folder permissions or your AV is blocking it.

On the main folder itself, right-click and select "Properties"

Then, select the "Security" tab, and make sure "users" have "Full Control", easiest workaround.

You should probably also delete the folder or revert the permissions after you are done, to prevent that folder from being used as a launchpad for attacks if any

CPU : Intel i5-12600K

Motherboard : ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHz CL16 (2x8GB)

AIO : Corsair H100i 240MM

GPU : Asus TUF RTX3070

Case : ThermalTake Core P3

Keyboard : D60 HHKB with Jwick Ultimate Black switches, G81-3000SAV PBT keycaps

Mouse : Logitech G Pro Wireless

Audio : Edifier R1280DBs | Sennheiser HD598

I tried setting the folder so that users have full control but I am getting the same error message. I also tried downloading intel's latest wifi driver from their website and installing that instead of what I got from Asus's website and that driver did run and said it was installed it has not fixed my issue. 

• 10 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 7:41 AM, Luximum said:

I tried setting the folder so that users have full control but I am getting the same error message. I also tried downloading intel's latest wifi driver from their website and installing that instead of what I got from Asus's website and that driver did run and said it was installed it has not fixed my issue. 

Did you manage to fix it? I got the same issue, except I'm able to use ethernet via cordz

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 8:04 AM, Luximum said:

I have downloaded the latest driver to a flash drive and placed on one of my pc's internal drives and tried to run the WirelessSetup.exe file but when I do it tells me "The following extensions are blocked "Extensions\PieExtension.INF"

Hmmm,

dear Luximum, 

for me it worked perfectly fine after that driver install.

LLL maybe next time ur PC wont shit...

joke